Cornhole Competition -- warning, photo attached!

Thirsty Cruiser

:) Attention: News Flash!

Today the world of tournament corn hole was turned upside down when champion Gary Bittawiener received a lifetime ban by the International Tournament of Corn Holers, the governing body of worldwide Corn Hole tournaments. ITCH spokeswoman Sarah Broomwad stated that the lifetime suspension was not related to the disqualification of Gary during this years championship qualifying round but was because of use of a banned substance.

Gary, the winner of the last six international corn hole tournaments, was disqualified when his corn bag burst during a toss effectively spilling the beans. Gary was apparently using beanbags instead of corn bags during the tournament. Per ITCH rules and regulations chairperson, Nick Noogie, beanbags are banned due to their unfair advantage over corn bags. “Beans are more aerodynamic.” Nick explained. “Because of their rounded oblong shape of beans they fly through the air more cleanly as than the almost square shape of the corn kernel. They also provide less friction when hitting the corn hole. This and because this is a corn bag tournament and not a bean bag tournament they are banned in ITCH sanctioned tournaments.” Gary, in a statement to the press, claimed that he had picked up a beanbag that he had used during practice by mistake. “I would never knowingly do anything to undermine the credibility of a sanctioned corn hole competition. I think the disqualification was overly harsh and I plan to appeal.” Gary pledged.

During the appeals hearing it was brought up that Gary had also used the banned drug “Eyeballscoopie” during the competition resulting in the life time ban by the ITCH committee that was hearing the appeal.

Eyeballscoopie is a drug that increases pressure inside the eyeball chamber causing the cornea to bulge forward as much a three inches. This gives the user an advantage in corn holing because their eyes are in affect three inches closer to the target than other competitors.

In a statement Gary plans to appeal the appeal that he had appealed

Alright already - I get the point. I will replace the beans with corn (even though you can only buy it in the 50 pound bags). Anyone need some dried corn?

Cornhole was extremely popular in Ohio

yes it is, but most people around dont really like to play with my set. (paint half Orange and the other half Blue with Gator Heads in the middle)

I wonder why people in Columbus dont like it:confused:

I just recieved this Email -

Mr. DaFish

I have been reading the Cruise Critic boards and I take umbrance in your insinuation that Gary Bittawiener takes performance enhancing drugs. His bulging eyes are a result of an incident that Gary had with a Hoover canister vacuum cleaner in his youth.

I have known Gary and the Bittawiener family for many years and Gary is nothing if not the true champion that he is. Yes like most teenagers Gary experimented a little with drugs. He drank a little alcohol, smoked a little dope and got into his mother’s valiums once or twice. He might have snorted some coke, shot a little heroin and popped some pills. Yes he sniffed some glue, drank some mushroom tea and took a trip or two on LSD while attaching vacuum cleaners to various body parts. Gary overcame these things to become the outstanding young man and corn holing athlete and champion that I am proud to call a friend.

Ima Pootie

President

Local Chapter

The Bostonian International Tournament of Corn Holers.

I responded to this email and asked Ima why Gary's eyes only seem to bulge during corn hole tournaments but have not recieved an answer at this time.

Mr. DaFish

I have been reading the Cruise Critic boards and I take umbrance in your insinuation that Gary Bittawiener takes performance enhancing drugs. His bulging eyes are a result of an incident that Gary had with a Hoover canister vacuum cleaner in his youth.

I have known Gary and the Bittawiener family for many years and Gary is nothing if not the true champion that he is. Yes like most teenagers Gary experimented a little with drugs. He drank a little alcohol, smoked a little dope and got into his mother’s valiums once or twice. He might have snorted some coke, shot a little heroin and popped some pills. Yes he sniffed some glue, drank some mushroom tea and took a trip or two on LSD while attaching vacuum cleaners to various body parts. Gary overcame these things to become the outstanding young man and corn holing athlete and champion that I am proud to call a friend.

Ima Pootie

President

Local Chapter

I responded to this email and asked Ima why Gary's eyes only seem to bulge during corn hole tournaments but have not recieved an answer at this time.

OMG spewing coffee on my laptop!!!!! very funny.;)

here in the Chicagoland area. Been playing it for more than 25 years. Were at a party last night and of course DH had to play. It's the safest game to play when you're drinking, no sharp edges:D. He did have a minor mishap when someone tossed the beans and hit him in his "bags":eek: but he's fine now.

The mystery ends here:

corholioII.jpg

I hope I don't regret starting this thread.:D

Did not know that was the name of the game. We have played twice on the Liberty last december. Came home with a Medal, on a Red-White-Blue ribbon chain. No Stick on a ship. We play this at our tail gate parties every Sunday. We are bowlers so it was just like bowling for us. I am sure yuo can find it on any ship

And I thought I was the only redneck on CC!! Its almost as funny as playin' washers!!:D

Sorry, you're not the only redneck. I'll be bring my cornhole to Nashville for the Vandy game in November. (Still trying to think how I can get my tailgate gear to San Jaun.:confused: )

Here are the rules of the game. It is played a lot in the campgrounds here in Tennessee.

http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml

In July, we went to the beach with a large group of our friends from Kingsport. We played cornhole and bocce ball all week. The cornhole game was the favorite this year. Bocce is going out!

My DH has an Official Cornhole T-shirt. My daughters boyfriend sent it to him.

jetskier - How long has the game been on the Holiday? My daughter was on the ship last March and didn't mention seeing or playing the game. She introduced the game to us this summer. She had a friend make her a set and asked me to find some bags on eBay (got them from Atlanta.) She then had us take the boards to the beach because we had an SUV, where her car was too small. That thing is heavy!

If they have them on the ships now, I will never see my DH. :mad: Sure would hate to be in a room below where the game is being played! :eek:

BTW - My daughters boyfriend was in a tournament this week with 64 teams. His team came in 8th overall. Not bad! I told him that if my DD had been his teammate, he would have won the tournament. She is really good! ;)

here in the Chicagoland area. Been playing it for more than 25 years. Were at a party last night and of course DH had to play. It's the safest game to play when you're drinking, no sharp edges:D. He did have a minor mishap when someone tossed the beans and hit him in his "bags":eek: but he's fine now.

This is too funny....thanks, I needed a good laugh today!!!!! I have tears!!!:D

TheRudys and dafish - that is too funny:D !!!!! Wish you were cruising with us in October - I'd be in stitches for the week!!!! Thanks for the laughs!! dafish - gullable me, at first I thought your first post was serious. Then I re-read and realized I was the sucker!!! lol

Mr. DaFish

Ima Pootie

President

Local Chapter

The saga continues in the Gary Bittaweiner corn holing championship debate. Gary's personal trainer, Peter Tucker, an expert in corn holing technique has gone on record to state that while yes, drug abuse is rampant in the inner circles of corn holing he maintains Gary's innocence in this case. "We regret that this controversy has put a stain on Gary's record and current championship status. We believe that ITCH has barely scratched the surface of uncovering the facts as to the validity of the testing that took place" Tucker stated.

A spokesperson for Hoover Vacuum Company refused to confirm nor deny the allegations of a "suction accident" in the Bittaweiner case. "We feel the facts may very well have been inflated in this instance."

Officials of ITCH and the oversight committee have reprimanded Ima Pootie, the President of BITCH (Bostonian International Tournament of Corn Holers) saying that her personal affiliation with the Bittaweiner bunch has caused a conflict of interest within the organization.

When asked her opinion on the corn holing predicament, Gary's mother, Ida Bittaweiner stated, "I can't put my finger exactly on it, but there's something very fishy about this whole story."

:cool:

• 1 month later...
Cornhole was extremely popular in Ohio- and they play it here in Iowa too.

Coming from Texas- we had never heard of it. When it was explained it's a lot like horseshoes, but we would have called it "bean bag toss" (except it's a corn bag)

Being from Texas we also called it bean bag toss. When I heard the name cornhole, I thought you threw a corn cob in the hole...lol!

Played it on the valor a couple of weeks ago....it was really fun. DH and I came in second.......he would have won had it not been for his pathetic partner. I'd like to get a set, does anyone know where you can buy one?

Easy enough to build yourself if you are handy. I got plans here: http://home.fuse.net/mikebrungs/cornhole.htm

I got my cornhole done in one evening. It was black with gold decorations, but you will find them in many different colors.

The main thing is hole size and placement has to be correct.

I got my cornhole done in one evening. It was black with gold decorations, but you will find them in many different colors.The main thing is hole size and placement has to be correct.

ROFLMAO...wonder how I'm gonna explain the need for a new monitor...:eek: :D

Archived