Roll Call PG Jan 16 & 26, 2008

paulmichael

• 1 month later...

Hi, We are sailing on the Jan 16th PG Tahiti 10 day cruise. This is our rest stop on the way to NZ for 4 week visit. We will fly back through Tahiti on our return and stay on one of the islands for a week. I was amazed the add on for the flight to NZ and back to PPT was only 750$. We had booked through Vantage.

Alec and Sharon ---- Eastern North Carolinas

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, We are going to be on the 10 day cruise that leaves on the 16th. We are from Vancouver Canada and this will be our first cruise. We are very excited, just counting the days. We're hoping this will get us hooked on the cruising life.

John and Dixie

Hi, We are going to be on the 10 day cruise that leaves on the 16th. We are from Vancouver Canada and this will be our first cruise. We are very excited, just counting the days. We're hoping this will get us hooked on the cruising life.

John and Dixie

From what I've heard, if the PG and Tahiti don't get you hooked on cruising, nothing will. Please report back after your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
Early roll call for the Jan 16 and or 26. Anyone going with us

HELLO WIFE AND I JUST SIGNED ON FOR THE JAN 16 2008 10 NIGHT CRUISE. HAVE CRUISED BEFORE BUT NOT SOUTH PACIFIC. WHILE ON A HAWAII CRUISE TWO YEARS AGO WE DID STOP AT THE FANNING ISLAND. WE'VE BOOKED ACOUPLE OF SHIPS EXCURSIONS. WE'RE FROM NORTHEAST OHIO AND ALWAYS CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING OUT OF CLEVELAND AIRPORT MID JAN. USUALLY WE HAVE TO GO TO CHICAGO TO GET TO LOS ANGELES. MAY FLY TO LA A DAY EARLY. HAVE NEVER FLOWN TAHITI NUI BUT IT CAN'T BE ANY POORER THAN SOME OF THE HAWAIAN CARRIERS.

HELLO WIFE AND I JUST SIGNED ON FOR THE JAN 16 2008 10 NIGHT CRUISE. HAVE CRUISED BEFORE BUT NOT SOUTH PACIFIC. WHILE ON A HAWAII CRUISE TWO YEARS AGO WE DID STOP AT THE FANNING ISLAND. WE'VE BOOKED ACOUPLE OF SHIPS EXCURSIONS. WE'RE FROM NORTHEAST OHIO AND ALWAYS CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING OUT OF CLEVELAND AIRPORT MID JAN. USUALLY WE HAVE TO GO TO CHICAGO TO GET TO LOS ANGELES. MAY FLY TO LA A DAY EARLY. HAVE NEVER FLOWN TAHITI NUI BUT IT CAN'T BE ANY POORER THAN SOME OF THE HAWAIAN CARRIERS.

Tahiti Nui is a very nice airline, I have flown on it many times. I am lucky as I get to go in First class, not sure about the back of the plane. Your going to have a great time I was on the PG in May Tahiti to Figi and had a great time. Food and service is great, I am going 3 days early, anyone else going early. Hope to see you all on board or at the hotel

Mike

We will be joining you on the Jan 16 sailing and we are so looking forward to it. We're from Houston and we will leave Houston on the 16th early and probably arrive worn out. We're looking forward to all of the water activities and yes, one of us loves to windsurf.

Wow, you will have a long day in the air and at airports. drink lots of water

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Do Any Of You Know If The Paul Gauguin's, Ships Store, Sells Basic Toilettries Such As Mouthwash And Aersoal Shaving Creme. Were Staying At The Raddison For A Two Day Pre Stay And Wondered If The Basics Were Easily Available For Purchase. Thank-you.

Do Any Of You Know If The Paul Gauguin's, Ships Store, Sells Basic Toilettries Such As Mouthwash And Aersoal Shaving Creme. Were Staying At The Raddison For A Two Day Pre Stay And Wondered If The Basics Were Easily Available For Purchase. Thank-you.

The ship has some basic toilettries but it would be much less to get them on shore. You will have some items in your cabin for free.

Mike

For sure pick them up prior to sailing. There's more brands to choose from. Have a great cruise

Janice

AM I CORRECT THAT AFTER YOU BOARD YOU CAN GO BACK ASHORE AND ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE SHOPPING VENUES, TO MAKE PURCHASES? ARE PRE STAY IS AT THE RADDISON, WHICH I'M TOLD IS WELL OUT OF PAPEETE. THANK-YOU.

AM I CORRECT THAT AFTER YOU BOARD YOU CAN GO BACK ASHORE AND ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE SHOPPING VENUES, TO MAKE PURCHASES? ARE PRE STAY IS AT THE RADDISON, WHICH I'M TOLD IS WELL OUT OF PAPEETE. THANK-YOU.

Yes you can get off as you like. The ship is within walking of shopping and eveything you may need. The local out door market is also close enough to get too and a must see.

When are you sailing ?

Mike

Yes you can get off as you like. The ship is within walking of shopping and eveything you may need. The local out door market is also close enough to get too and a must see.

When are you sailing ?

Mike

WERE ON THE JAN 16 2008 SAILING

Hello

Is It Necessary To Use The Online Dinner Reservations Form On The PG Web Site?

I See They Only Offer The Grill And Veranda Restaurants?

I Guess I Don't Understand Open Seating And Needing Reservations.

You do not need reserations for the L"etoile, the main restaurant, the LeGrill features al fresco dining with grilled fish and local specialties, the LaVareanda is a Le Cordon Bleu. When you go to dinner at the main restaurant they will asked if you wish to be seated with others, table for 2,4,,6,8. While there is no charge to go to the other restaurants they do fill up so I would make a reservation on sea days.. more so if you would like to have dinner alone, tables for two can be hard to get.. If the other restaruants are not full you can get in without a reservation..and if the main restaurant, if full they may asked if you want to go to another. Also the sunsets in the LeGrill, its outside, on sea days are GREAT.. see you on board

mike

We received our papers today and are confused about the tours and the private motus. If you take a tour in the morning, do you have a place to go snorkel near the ship for the afternoon? I noticed the tours are listed for 8:30 am for a day. Do they have some of the same tours for later in the afternoon or are they only offered that one time? Is there one free motu with lunch/bar offered through the ship? Which stops will have shopping close to the ship? Lots of questions, any answers will be appreciated.

Thank-you Paulmichael.

I Also Didn't Realize You Can Only Make One Reservation Per Venue, Per Cruise, On Line. Which As I Think About It Seems Fair. I Guess We Won't Go Hungry. Thanks Again For Sharing Your Knowledge. We Still Haven't Received Documents. If Nothing By The 26th I'l Call.

We received our papers today and are confused about the tours and the private motus. If you take a tour in the morning, do you have a place to go snorkel near the ship for the afternoon? I noticed the tours are listed for 8:30 am for a day. Do they have some of the same tours for later in the afternoon or are they only offered that one time? Is there one free motu with lunch/bar offered through the ship? Which stops will have shopping close to the ship? Lots of questions, any answers will be appreciated.

The only private motus are as follows;

Bora Bora, but there is not much to do or see and the snorkeling is not great, no food and only a few drinks, no bathroom. You will have more fun on the tours. and on Bora Bora. You can go to the motu, it takes about 20min. We will be in Bora Bora overnight so you will have a lot of time to do it all.

Taha motu is great, fun food drinks sports snorkeling, waterskying and a lot more,, bathrooms Nothing else to do other than a few tours. go over to the motu in the am, then after lunch take the drift snorkeling tour. they will take you back to the ship. The motu is only 10 min from the ship.

mike

Archived