Has anyone ever crossed the Equator on an RCI ship?

jbond

If so, do they have any kind of ceremony? We will be rounding Cape Horn and crossing the Equator on Splendour of the Seas next March/April and I wondered if they will make any effort to recognise the events. When we transited the Panama Canal, RCI ignored the event, unlike Princess who at least recognised it with a certificate signed by the captain. Princess also recognised crossing the International Date Line in a similar manner. How about RCI?

Yes, there is a ceremony. We were on a S. Pacific cruise a couple of years ago. They have a "crossing the line" ceremony. King Posiden "boards" the ship and grants everyone safe passage. Some of the new staff members are inducted into the ranks of the crew. It was a very enjoyable ceremony.

They did not do anything on our Radiance PC cruise. Too much other stuff going on. I had been looking forwards to it.
When did Radiance cross the equator? I've never heard of it being that far south.

Thanks for the responses. Looks as if it's a 50-50 chance.

HEY!!! I know you! How are you two??? I wish we were going to find out if there was a ceremony with you! Please let me know:D My mom and I are getting ready to cruise in a few weeks... Canada/New England. It will be a new one for me, and my mom's second cruise ever. We are very excited. Tell your LOVELY wife hello for me! Tell me about this cruise you are taking... where is it going?

GOOD to see you here!

Hi Stephanie, good to hear from you. We are sailing from Valparaiso, Chile to Sao Paulo, Brazil and then across the Atlantic to Morroco, Spain and Portugal. Join us, you and Dan would have a great time. It's only 29 days, you can spare the time. Stella says Hi.

Still have my Shellback card from crossing it on a US Navy Ship but have never done it on a cruise ship. You don't want to know what the ceremony was in the Navy.:)

Tanker 4

My DH did his on a submarine, he also got the one for crossing the Artic circle. All I am going to say is EWWWWW!!!:D

Hi Stephanie, good to hear from you. We are sailing from Valparaiso, Chile to Sao Paulo, Brazil and then across the Atlantic to Morroco, Spain and Portugal. Join us, you and Dan would have a great time. It's only 29 days, you can spare the time. Stella says Hi.

Oh how fun! I wish we could do that one with you! We have been wanting to do that cruise. If only... I could do 29 days in a heart beat! Maybe one day. We are doing another with Peggy and Jerry a week before Christmas... along with some other cruisers we have met over the years. Just a cheap one on Holland, but should be a great week. I hope all your family is well. I still have the same email address... so please, keep in touch.

If so, do they have any kind of ceremony? We will be rounding Cape Horn and crossing the Equator on Splendour of the Seas next March/April and I wondered if they will make any effort to recognise the events. When we transited the Panama Canal, RCI ignored the event, unlike Princess who at least recognised it with a certificate signed by the captain. Princess also recognised crossing the International Date Line in a similar manner. How about RCI?
We crossed the equator last fall on RCCL's X Infinity repro to South America and they definitely had both a cermony and certificate. A rather messy [baptism with chocolate, ketchup and flour, kissing a large dead fish:eek:, being thrown in the pool] induction into the "Club" was more or less mandatory for crew members who had never crossed, and available to any passenger who wished to participate. [They did drain and scrub the pool immediately after the cermony.] Having crossed the equator numerous times before, I watched but did not participate - EVERYONE got a certificate delivered to their cabin. I would certainly imagine that RCI does very similiar to X.

Archived