Navigator, which deck & balcony? please help

keido

This will be our first cruise on Royal and our first balcony. Any suggestions on a deck and also a possible room #? The more I look at deck plans and pictures, the more confused I get. We will be cruising March 2008. Thank you in advance.

Haven't been on Navigator, but her sister Mariner.

I personally liked deck 7 because it was convenient for walking up to the Windjammer/pool and down to dinner/Promenade/theatre, etc. (But not coming back from port... 7 flights of stairs after a day in port.. :eek:)

Also, I was on the hump, 7316 and it was GREAT! Not only were the views fantastic but it was right there by the stairs/elevators.

This time we'll be on deck 8 because my boyfriend said we were "too far from the windjammer to walk" :rolleyes: What's one more flight of stairs you big lazy?! lol

I vote for Deck 10, since we love the pool one floor away on Deck 11. Go for a D1 balcony. D2's are same space. Best chance for the random upgrades Royal does from time to time. Last Sept we got a Jr. Suite out of it and double cruise credits. You're one floor from Windjammer, pool, etc. Your itinerary will dictate which side of the ship is the better side for views of port, etc. As for fore/aft, middle is best b/c you're closest to the Centrum/elevators but in the end really doesn't matter.

Beautiful ship. You'll love it!

Rockin'

We just returned from the Mariner and loved the center of the hump cabin that we had, cabin 8620. It was very convenient, close to the elevators and stairs. We were also right near the Internet Cafe. 3 decks from the Promenade and 3 decks from the lido deck, pretty much centrally located.

I am planning a Trip for next May on Navigator and I already know that I will be booking a Balc. but how can I tell if its a "hump" or not?? the location on RCCL show cabins towards the middle of the ship but not that if its a hump or not?? How to tell??

The protrusion on the side of the ship is the hump, it is in the center of the ship.

I think you will be happy with whichever deck you choose. It is such a personal thing. My family likes to be high so we stay as high as we can, others say midship is best. Also as you have read others like different decks for what they are close to. The decisions do get easier. Whichever you pick I'm sure your cruise will be fabulous! Enjoy.:)

I am planning a Trip for next May on Navigator and I already know that I will be booking a Balc. but how can I tell if its a "hump" or not?? the location on RCCL show cabins towards the middle of the ship but not that if its a hump or not?? How to tell??

Here is the Mariner and the hump cabins on one side of her.

These cabins are in a great location, have a great view, have totally private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that.

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/4621/2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

Cabin 1620 is not the Owners Suite, it is the Royal Suite.

2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

This will be our first cruise on Royal and our first balcony. Any suggestions on a deck and also a possible room #? The more I look at deck plans and pictures, the more confused I get. We will be cruising March 2008. Thank you in advance.

On the Navigator I had cabin #8320, Deck 8, center of the Hump. It was the perfect location.;) Cabin #8320 would be across the ship from cabin number #8620 in this picture. This is the Port side of the Mariner, #8320 is on the Starboard side. The two ships, the Navigator and the Mariner are built the same.;)

These cabins are in a great location, have a great view, have totally private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that.

Cabin #1620 is not the Owners Suite, it is the Royal Suite.

2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

we just stayed in 9620 and had a brilliant time. The cabin was plenty big enough for 4 of us including a cot and we never heard any noise what so ever, we were directly in line for the elevators, 2 floors up to windjammer and pool and a few floors down to deck 5 the main promanade - i would def recommend.

Archived