Revelation Tours in Nice

We had Isoline last month when we were on the Voyager of the Seas. It was my daughter's 14th birthday when we were in Nice. She showed up with a big Happy Birthday Olivia sign. Gave her a huge bouquet of flowers, a French birthday card and a box of chocolate. She was delightful. Spoke with a very charming French accent, had cold drinks and hand-out maps. She took us everywhere and the highlight of the vacation was St. Paul de Vence.

Hi to all! Thanks for this thread! I have booked w Michel for our tour in Nice;we want to see the Matisse and Picasso Museums while on tour with a local lunch with local wines! LOL. We are a group of 4-but this cruise is for my daughters 16th bday and my baby sisters;both of which are in aug. we booked this tour with him for Oct 19,2008. We will be on the Oct 18th Voyager. We are also waiting for a confirmation from driversinrome for a great tour on Oct.21,2008. We also are awaiting a confirmation from Salvatore for a Naples/Pompeii tour. We are planning on taking a couple of RCCL tours Florence/Pisa on your own;and the Corleone vinyeards and winery. Does this sound like a good plan? Thanks for any advice/tips in advance! Angel:)

We have been assigned Cecile with Revelation tours. From the remarks on here, it sounds as if one can book Michel, its wonderful but if not, its not so great. Anybody had Cecile?

We also had Isoline and found her to be exceptionally personable and knowledgable - nothing was too much trouble for her and we were able to adapt the tour, even on the day to fit in exactly what we wanted to do.

Thanks to all for your feedback (Sondrgreen, Loniel, Mchdnc & Costafox), it was very helpful.

I have a confirmed 5-hour tour booked for Sept.23rd 2008 with Revelation Tours. (Although between now & then, I just might extend it an hour or two). I had requested Michel to be our guide, and he indicated that he is available and will guide our tour.

Hopefully, as we get closer to our tour, we'll be able to find a shipmate or two that will want to join us & thereby lower the cost per couple. If not, so be it, you only go around once in life!!!

PS: If anyone needs some assistance in planning an Alaskan adventure, I might be able to provide some suggestions. We spent three weeks there in 2006, two on land & one on southbound cruise to Vancouver.

Thanks again.

Stay well all,

Anthony aka CorgiGuy

I am surprised Revelation Tours booked a 5 hour tour. When I contacted them back in February for our trip this October, the reply was that they do not do half day tours. Interesting.

I am surprised Revelation Tours booked a 5 hour tour. When I contacted them back in February for our trip this October, the reply was that they do not do half day tours. Interesting.

Hi Attagirl,

Don't know the reason why they told you that.

In my initial correspondence with Michel, I asked him how long we would need to see the three towns/villages we were interested in touring. He indicated 5-hours would be needed, and our confirmation says 5-hours (Although, I'll bet we'll end up extending the time an hour or two).

Have a great time on your cruise, look forward to read your feedback on your ports of call.

Stay well,

CorgiGuy

I was told the same when I tried to book a 6 hour tour for next April. I contacted various other companies but eventually accepted an 8 hour tour with Michel. I'm sure it will be worth it, but it would be nice to know what they base their replies on.

I do not know if this is the answer but it is a possibility.

Most of the half day tours on the web site had departures from a specific port.

I used Michel a couple of years ago in Provence and Marseilles and the tour was wonderful. But, be warned that the vans do not hold eight (8) comfortably. With eight, two (2) are in the front with the driver. We built our group from the Oceania Roll Call and that was a little too much closeness with strangers.

attagirl,

for what it is worth, Revelation-Tours's own website shows them doing 1/2 day tours:

http://www.revelation-tours.com/cruise.html

I know! That is why I contacted them for a half day tour. But their reply was they don't have half day tours. I was rather confused :)

Dbedros might be onto something. We are tendering into Villefranche.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Started doing some early initial homework regarding our first Mediterrian cruise. We board our ship in Monte Carlo on Sept. 24th, 2008

Thanks in advance for your time & assistance.

Anthony aka CorgiGuy

LIke you I am looking for reviews about private tours for next year and when I saw your post I thought I needed to reply to a fellow corgi lover. As you can see I have two corgis.And living in Wales, they are genuine Welsh born corgis too LOL

Archived