A Question about Boarding

2serendip

Four of us are going to be boarding the Summit in San Pedro, but my mother is going to be arriving at the boarding area separately from the rest of the family. Does anyone happen to know whether the ship will allow her to board before her stateroom partner, my sister, arrives Or must she wait in the boarding area until my sister gets there? I know they have only one boarding ticket, and I'm not sure if the ship will issue them another one ... ?? Thanks for the info.

Four of us are going to be boarding the Summit in San Pedro, but my mother is going to be arriving at the boarding area separately from the rest of the family. Does anyone happen to know whether the ship will allow her to board before her stateroom partner, my sister, arrives Or must she wait in the boarding area until my sister gets there? I know they have only one boarding ticket, and I'm not sure if the ship will issue them another one ... ?? Thanks for the info.

I always print multiple copies of our seapass. Call X to be sure but I can't imagine them requiring everyone in a cabin to check in at the same time. What if it were 2 friends from different parts of the country arriving hours apart? Would they make one wait in the boarding area for hours??? Then again, sometimes there's no rhyme or reason for a cruiselines procedures!

Each person should have a boarding document. You can print them directly from the Celebrity website.

Your sister and your mother really should have their own documents for boarding. What if one the one with the documents doesn't show up for some reason... like her plane is delayed or she gets sick?? I always print duplicate boarding passes. My mother travels with a set and I travel with a set. If your sister has the documents, your mother won't be allowed to board, and vice versa. The one without documents won't even get through the pier security at some ports.

MECruzr

Thanks so much for your advice. I hadn't realized that I could print the documents from the website. Our TA said that we could only get one doc per stateroom and would have to board together. I knew you would know better. That's why I like CC so much; you are all so helpful.

Thanks so much for your advice. I hadn't realized that I could print the documents from the website. Our TA said that we could only get one doc per stateroom and would have to board together. I knew you would know better. That's why I like CC so much; you are all so helpful.

If you do the on-line check in on the Celebrity site you can print an "Express Pass" to speed your check in. Even if you don't you can just photocopy the documents. These are not real "tickets" more just a receipt with some reference information and a place to sign off on the "cruise contract terms". So I wouldn't think having a copy would make much of a difference.

You know that is just weird I've gone on cruises with groups arranged by a TA and been in cabins with others and we each had hard tickets. I don't get why your TA can't print that.

What you can print from the website is just fine I'm just puzzled.

I've gone on different cruises with my girldfriends over the years. We always board at different times since we are flying in from different cities. You don't absolutely need "printed" docs since you will be on the manifest for the ship. Their computers will have everything. The only thing is it will take you longer to go through check in because they will need to take all your info from you but so! One of my friends "forgot"her documents on the roof of her car at the airport and had no problem boarding. When you board first, you get to start enjoying your cruise first.

Archived