Trying to save money on drinks

My fiance and I will be going on the Sensation 4 day cruise to the Bahamas (our first ever cruise). I do not want to add an extra $50 just for drinks to our ever growing list of vacation expenses. We won't have a fridge in our room, so I was wondering if a cooler would be the best option? We will be taking a small fridge for a stay in Orlando after the cruise, but I don't know whether that would be allowed or not (???). It would probably be easier to use the fridge, but if we aren't allowed to bring that on then is there a way that we can get ice put into the cooler on a daily basis? I'm not really too sure when we would be drinking much soda in the room anyway though since we will be eating all our meals at the restaurants on the ship. For those of you who have brought your own drinks, do you bring drinks into the restaurants as well or do you just order one there?

I've brought drinks with me (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), but those were for me to drink in the cabin. I would never bring my own drink into a public eating area, just sort of tacky IMO.

I know lots of people have brought collapsible coolers for their rooms.

I've brought drinks with me (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), but those were for me to drink in the cabin. I would never bring my own drink into a public eating area, just sort of tacky IMO.

I know lots of people have brought collapsible coolers for their rooms.

When you say tacky are you talking about bringing like your own can of Coke to the dining room? Or are you including when you bring your own wine (b/c thats allowed)?

Yorkie:

I think you are thinking about a big like Igloo cooler, which yes would be a pain in the butt. But the little collapseable coolers (many use them as lunchboxes too..they come with a hard interior that can be removed) just folds up nicely in your luggage and is really great for keeping extra ice, especially since ice doesnt seem to last very long in those metal ice holders in the rooms.

When you say tacky are you talking about bringing like your own can of Coke to the dining room? Or are you including when you bring your own wine (b/c thats allowed)?

I meant bringing your own cans of Coke to the dining room. I've seen it, just seems tacky.

Wine is another story, and of course you may have to pay the corking fee...

I meant bringing your own cans of Coke to the dining room. I've seen it, just seems tacky.

Wine is another story, and of course you may have to pay the corking fee...

Ok because I was gonna say! LOL! Yeah that is pretty tacky. Not gonna lie, I have brought another alchi beverage into the dining room, but we ordered more.

I drink a soda or two with every meal. I wish I was like my sister and just drank water (I could save thousands!!).

Another thing I was wondering is do they charge for refills at the restaurants? Or is it like a normal restaurant where you get as much as you want for that sitting?

I believe you pay per drink (I don't drink soda, so I'm not 100% sure).

But, there's free lemonade and some juices and I think iced tea available. Also, if you order capuccino in the dining room it's free!

I wish I was like my sister and just drank water (I could save thousands!!).

6 sodas a day and I would be more concerned with the impacts to my health than my wallet :eek::eek:

Do you realize what is in that crap ?

I drink a soda or two with every meal. I wish I was like my sister and just drank water (I could save thousands!!).

Another thing I was wondering is do they charge for refills at the restaurants? Or is it like a normal restaurant where you get as much as you want for that sitting?

They charge per drink. If you drink 5 a day the soda card might be good for you you can technically pay for it in advance

My fiance and I will be going on the Sensation 4 day cruise to the Bahamas (our first ever cruise). I do not want to add an extra $50 just for drinks to our ever growing list of vacation expenses. We won't have a fridge in our room, so I was wondering if a cooler would be the best option? We will be taking a small fridge for a stay in Orlando after the cruise, but I don't know whether that would be allowed or not (???). It would probably be easier to use the fridge, but if we aren't allowed to bring that on then is there a way that we can get ice put into the cooler on a daily basis? I'm not really too sure when we would be drinking much soda in the room anyway though since we will be eating all our meals at the restaurants on the ship. For those of you who have brought your own drinks, do you bring drinks into the restaurants as well or do you just order one there?
I say tote it onboard...Grab a couple of cases of Coke at the local supermarket and have a great time.....;)

6 sodas a day and I would be more concerned with the impacts to my health than my wallet :eek::eek:

Do you realize what is in that crap ?

I'm sure they are bad, but I drink diet and I rarely ever drink coffee or anything like that so this is my "coffee". I also don't smoke and I drink alcohol on a very rare occasion (maybe once or twice a year but that is pushing it). I talked to my fiance and we agreed that we would just save the $50 and drink the lemonade/tea/water if that is included. I think we will do the soft cooler thing and bring on a couple 12 packs so I can have my "fix", otherwise I will get a headache from no caffeine. Thanks for the help in deciding what to do!

I say tote it onboard...Grab a couple of cases of Coke at the local supermarket and have a great time.....;)

A fridge might not like the ships electrical output, it varies much more than our house current. Plus there only the one outlet.

Dan

A fridge might not like the ships electrical output, it varies much more than our house current. Plus there only the one outlet.

Dan

Yeah, but if you bring a power strip you can plug in your fridge as WELL as your microwave and coffee pot.

You might want to bring your own TV too, since the ones in the cabin are pretty small.

Archived