saving on parking

sjproth

i live in florida and will be taking a cruise out of port canaveral. Has anyone found a hotel to park out but not necessary stay at the night before and then take a shuttle to the pier as to save money on the parking fee? I thought I may have seen this somewhere in my postings! Any advise any one has please let me know.

Thanks,

Sarah

i think what you are recalling are hotels in FL here you stay (and pay for) one night, then get free parking for your entire cruise, free shuttle, etc.

i live in florida and will be taking a cruise out of port canaveral. Has anyone found a hotel to park out but not necessary stay at the night before and then take a shuttle to the pier as to save money on the parking fee? I thought I may have seen this somewhere in my postings! Any advise any one has please let me know.

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks everyone for the respone. I didnt think there was any place. I knew about the Radisson and I think we might just do that.

I just thought I was reading someone else's post or member review that had made mention of something to that effect..but oh well! Thanks again.

I think I remember reading that the Radisson Hotel offers free parking for the week if you stay there.

Good luck and Happy Cruising!

Im staying at the Radisson, but there are other hotels (country Inn) that also have free cruise parking, but Iv never seen any discounted parking other than the $12 parking at the port (and Iv asked down on East Coast departures thread). Thats why I cancelled my Orlando reservation which was a lot cheaper to stay at the Radisson in a few weeks.

It was just worth it. I think one other hotel allows cruise parking no matter which room you book, but most of the hotels, if you buy them on hotwire or priceline you dont get the free cruise parking, you have to purchase the cruise package. Days Inn in Cocoa Beach had the cheapest cruise package when I was looking at $99 plus tax, but Radisson you can get any room (still was $99 plus tax) and still get the parking but you dont get the breakfast.

Most of the hotels the shuttle is not free, notice it just says it is offered (by a independent company). Its mostly $3, I called Days Inn and it was $4, but may have changed.

Compared to $84 ($12 X 7) I figured I might as well enjoy the Radisson and I shopped around.

Stayed at the Radison. They have free parking and free shuttle to and from port, with trailer for luggage but you MUST make a reservation for the shuttle. They don't always tell you about the reservations. We made ours when we booked the room - 11:30AM.

WE have stayed at the Radison. They have a parking lot in back just for cruisers and free shuttle to and from pier. But, you MUST make a reservation for the shuttle, you don't just get on it. A LOT of passengers to different ships stay here. Make reservastion when you book your room!

I'm considering it but I'd almost rather pay $30 more to park in a covered garage that's locked at night and not have to wait on shuttles and so forth. We'll see ya either way!

You can find all the options in the I work in PT Canaveral thread. Just do a search for parking.

Archived