Carnival ship tour in Zihuatanejo

ccNVcpl

The DW is looking at the "Mexican Fiesta" walking tour while in port. I'm thinking that we can walk to a nice traditional restaurant on our own - and save big $$$$$.

Anyone know what cafe this tour stops at? Can we go it alone? Other suggestions? Thanx

We were just there in April. It is such an easy town to get around in, I would not do a walking tour. We got off the ship and walked up a couple of blocks to the flea market. Looked around all the little shops, took a break for drinks and nachos at Bandito's right across the street from the flea market. Looked some more, went back to Bandito's. Then we walked back to the pier, where there are also lots of shops and places to eat. We were there for just a short time on Princess. We talked to a mother and daughter at Banditos, that were on our cruise, and they took a great taxi tour that they picked up at the dock. If we would have had more time, I may have chosen to take a cab out to Ixtapa too.

Bottom line, Zihua is so easy to do on your own. The people on the walking tour did not look happy.

Have a great time!

When we were in Zijuantenejo we did the catamaran snorkeling excursion and it was fantastic...They had an open bar on the way back from the excrusion and the tequila shots were free flowing...

We did the early excursion that brought us back in time to walk around the area and we stopped at La Serena Gorda for lunch. They had really good empanadas, deep fried queadaillas and REALLY STRONG margaritas (they were in small glasses, but super strong) hubby and I thought we needed 3 each@!!

We ended up shopping around and somehow finding our way back to the tender line to get back on the boat!!

Zijuantenjo was our favorite stop on the 8 day cruse as it was the most beautiful and least commercialized port of all the stops!!

Have a great time on your cruise!!

Archived