Got my Passport Yippy!!

kellygirl719

Do not know if it made a difference but we started my daughter's passport on line, filled it out electronically then took it to our local post office (town of 10,000).

We figured it would take a long time since we had it processed at such a small place. Maybe the key is to start on line. If it arrives when they say it will--it will have taken 4 weeks.

update: I still don't have my "Expedited" passport. I called yesterday and they said that it was routed through Washington DC and was NOT listed as expedited until I called 14 days before my cruise. I paid the extra $$ and everything! I know they are backlogged, but come on!

I also started my passport process online. I had a copy of my old passport (the lost one) included since they said it would help the process. *sigh* Maybe it will still come before Thursday!

We, my husband and I, applied on July 14th for our passports, we are from MI and it went to Chicago and we recieved them this past Sat the 1st of Sept. So about 6 weeks.... Our cruise is not till the 5th of Jan on the Triumph, but I was concerned, with all the talk about how long it was taking...so now we just have to wait 119 days till the big cruise...lol:)

Do not know if it made a difference but we started my daughter's passport on line, filled it out electronically then took it to our local post office (town of 10,000).

We figured it would take a long time since we had it processed at such a small place. Maybe the key is to start on line. If it arrives when they say it will--it will have taken 4 weeks.

I do not know if that helped either, filling it out online, but we received our Passports seven week after we applied. But then they did come from New Orleans so that may have more to do with it than filling out the papers online.

I was just checking out the Passport website (like I always do every couple days) and noticed they changed the time back to 6-8 weeks for regular service.

Saturday will be the 10 week anniversary of me applying for my passport at the post office.

Archived