Princess tour to Pearl S. Pacific, Fiji

Shelby Cruiser

Has anyone taken the Princess shore excursion on Suva, Fiji, to the Pearl South Pacific Resort? It is a 6hr. tour & currently has no cost listed for this day at a resort that looks very nice where you can use their facilities, enjoying the pool or beach & includes a lunch.

We have done this type of tour through Princess in the past on Bonaire & it was wonderful. Just want to see if anyone has any comments on this specific resort & if it would be a good option for something to do while visiting here for one day.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Donna

The Pacific Harbour location is loverly. We do all our diving with a company just up the road.

Anything is better than sitting around Suva. Things are a little scarey around there since the Dec 2006 coup but very very safe as long as the political situation holds.

Why does Princess go there when USA NZ and AU travel advisories warn not to go to Suva?

If it was my choice I would be going to this resort.

cheers

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't been to Suva, but will be going on the Dawn Princess in Sept. 2008, so I also appreciate the info. Is it possible to snorkel off the beach at this resort? If not, does anyone know whether or not Princess will offer a snorkel excursion from the stop in Suva?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Konatyme

There are some CCers on the maiden Pacific Dawn voyage, (ex Regal Princess) doing this tour in Suva, they leave on the 9th November, so perhaps you can get some info on their return. I am keen to know as well as I am booked for a 28 day Tahiti cruise in June which stops at Suve.:)

I have been to Suva cruising and land based, another option is to grab a taxi and go to the Coral coast, further on from Pacific Harbour and visit perhaps the Warwick Resort, Outrigger or the Fijian Shangrila.

I also have the shore tours book for P&O, which would be the same as Princess, and there are no snorkelling tours offered.

Chez

xx

Archived