Need advice on seven year old

blmcdps

We are trying to decide if we should go ahead and go on a disney cruise in October. Our daughter is 7 years old and will be 8 in March. I noticed she would be with the 5 to 7 year olds. If we wait, she will be with the 8 and 9 year olds. Will she still enjoy the kids program that she would be placed in at 7? Do they cater more to the 5 years olds as far as the activities. Thanks for your advice.:)

Disney's core competency is entertaining children. They work very hard to make certain that everyone is having fun. Some of the activities are actually "joint" too with the other ages. If anything they aim at the older end of the age scale because you can always put your child with the younger group. My 5 year old was happier with a lot of the activities for 3s and 4s for example.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest booking now so she can do the 5-7 year old activities, and then move up to the next age group on her next cruise! My daughter has done both of these age groups and the 5-7s seem to have more structured activities/parties, and more character interaction.

If your daughter is unhappy in the 5-7 year old group, you can move her up without a problem. I did this on our first cruise. My DD was 4 1/2, and we were traveling with a 7 year old. We were able to put both of them together in the 5-7 group. The next time we went she was 7 and she still enjoyed the 5-7 activities.

Disney is great about taking them to next group up play area a lot to get variety. Ocean club group goes to visit Ocean Lab a lot. Bet she loves it, if not, ask about bumping up to older group. I did not think it would be possible so didn't bother asking but my DH asked about DS 7 going in the 8-9's with older brother on the second day and they moved him no problem. He liked the group he was in but occasionally wanted to be with older group b/c brother was heading to sports deck or something. It was a little easier on us to ditch them at the same time, I mean drop them off in one spot.

Archived