Transportation for Family of 9

getmeouttahere0608

Any advice on the most inexpensive way to transport:

4 adults, 2 senior citizens, 1 6 yr old, 1 3 yr old, 1 10 month old (9 people total)

From Seattle airport on a Friday afternoon to a downtown hotel and then the next day (Saturday late morning) to transport the group from downtown hotel to Princess Cruises pier?

We are leaving in two weeks and could use the help!

Thanks.

Taxis!! And quite a few of them!! You could arrange pick ups & drop offs with a transportation company, but it might end up costing more in the long run.

Have you checked local limo companies or shuttle services? I'd compare that price to what a taxi would run you. The taxis can fit 4 people and some luggage for one price, whereas the shuttles usually charge a per-person price which may end up costing you more.

We've found that the easiest thing to do in Seattle was to just get in the taxi queue and go! The problem with setting up a service to pick you up & drop you off is that it's always a worry as to whether they'll actually show up when they promised and it can also be a huge headache trying to locate their van or limo, especially if they aren't on time.

I don't think I would bother with a rental car since you'll be there for such a short time.

Any advice on the most inexpensive way to transport:

4 adults, 2 senior citizens, 1 6 yr old, 1 3 yr old, 1 10 month old (9 people total)

From Seattle airport on a Friday afternoon to a downtown hotel and then the next day (Saturday late morning) to transport the group from downtown hotel to Princess Cruises pier?

We are leaving in two weeks and could use the help!

Thanks.

We had a group of 10 at the LA airport, headed to the San Pedro Pier. We used the Red Vans Shuttle service. They are reliable, as is Super Shuttle, and we got 2 exclusive vans. Each van held 7 people so there was plenty of room for luggage. They can quote you a price, and we have always found those 2 companies to be very prompt. As a matter of fact, our flight was 1-1/2 hours late arriving. I called them from Tucson and said that we were going to be late. They were there when our plane landed.

I agree Taxi is probably the way to go, but try calling your hotel and ask them what they suggest. Perhaps there is a van service that would be cheaper.

Also, a recent poster said to allow extra time to travel to and from the pier in Seattle at present due to heavy construction traffic. I have not been there and could not confirm this but you could call the hotel and ask them about that too.

When we went from Fort Lauderdale to Miami with 7, three of them kids under 6, we used a limo service, which ended up being cheaper than two taxis and easily handled all our luggage. Plus it was fun!

However, I don't know what distances you are talking about; Ft. Lauderdale to Miami port area is quite a ways, 30-40 miles, I think. It might be much closer in Seattle so that taxi's/vans might work price-wise.

I am not sure about cheap- but we have used Shuttle Express

http://www.shuttleexpress.com/index.html

they are located right at the airport- have large vans- and a huge fleet of them- we have found thier drivers are very good- reliable- well trained, help with the luggage, and normally arrive for pick up at the time arranged.

My suggestion would be to contact them and make prior arrangements-

good luck- rlb

When we went from Fort Lauderdale to Miami with 7, three of them kids under 6, we used a limo service, which ended up being cheaper than two taxis and easily handled all our luggage. Plus it was fun!

However, I don't know what distances you are talking about; Ft. Lauderdale to Miami port area is quite a ways, 30-40 miles, I think. It might be much closer in Seattle so that taxi's/vans might work price-wise.

Sea-Tac airport to downtown is about 15 miles (I think? I know it takes me about 20-25 minutes to get there from my apartment just barely north of downtown). While there is a flat rate FROM downtown to the airport ($28) there is no flat rate TO downtown from the airport for taxis.

Since this is home town to me, I'm not completely up on the options... but can see what I can find if you need some help. I usually rely on the Friends Express. ;)

Hello!

Thank you all for your help!

I have called our hotel concierge and found them to actually not be of any help really.

I'll look into Shuttle Express and worse case scenario, we'll take a couple of cabs.

Not sure if we will be provided with the option of carseats, but for my 3 year old niece and my own 10 month old son - I don't know if we will be bringing carseats or not...should we?

Not sure if we will be provided with the option of carseats, but for my 3 year old niece and my own 10 month old son - I don't know if we will be bringing carseats or not...should we?

Well, I'd say yes. But I don't let my kids ride in cars without carseats. I'd check the law, too. Certainly call and ask the transportation companies about their policy. Some states will not allow commercial transportation without carseats (so taxis,vans,etc - buses are different).

Archived