Florence and Pisa on your own

For those who have been there, is Florence small enough to tour independently in one day?

I am looking for a private tour company who will provide us with transportation to Pisa and Florence for the day, and possibly drive us around in Florence. Does anyone know of a company who will do this at a lower fee than those that use a guide?

You can always book "Florence on your own" or there are taxi's that are awaiting at the port to drive you out to Florence for the day. If you find a driver, some of them have access to parts of the city that most taxis and buses don't. You can do a search for "Florence" - there are lots of threads on the subject. We are using [font='Times New Roman']Carla Giomi with San Gimignano [/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']Good luck![/font]

Hello again Psygist,

We used Carla with abcwine.it ~she's quite reasonable 300 euros for the entire day~met her early (7:30) and we were fortunate enough to arrive at Pisa early enough to ascend the tower and have plenty of time there before moving on for a full day of sight-seeing in Florence. Incidentally, she steered us to a great trattoria where we had the best lasagna ever!

She's very sweet and an excellent driver!

P.S. I see in Travl Nut's post that they know of her as well!

and we found that just about everything you'd want to see is within about a ten square block area - easily walkable. We took the train and the station is right in the center of town. Problem with the tour buses is that they can't get to the center of town because of the narrow streets. We didn't stop in Pisa but our traveling partners did. It took about two hours out of their day. Total cost for the four of us including lunch = $65. We go the added bonus of seeing the country first hand from the train instead of the inside of a bus or tour car. In addition, our tablemates took the tour bus and it took them over two hours to get to Florence because of the traffic that day. The train took about an hour.

Peter

We used Alessandro Cammilli for Florence, and we saw so much more than we would have seen on our own. His prices are very reasonable-I think we paid around 240 euros for one day for two of us. I know if you book with another couple, there is a very small increase--I think he said it was about 280 or 290 euros for four people. He speaks very good English, and we really enjoyed our trip with him. I would highly recommend him.

[quote name='LINGBER']Hi Laurieh,

Would you please provide contact info for Alessandro Cammilli? Much appreciated![/QUOTE]

I just contracted with him for a day tour next May. He quoted me 200 Euro for 2 people or 280 Euro for 4 people..can't beat his rates!

His email address is: [email]alecamma@hotmail.com[/email]

Archived