Need your opinions please!

Melb1127

There seems to always be something that isn't up to our expectations because we have several cruises to compare. We liked the food ok on the Freedom, some things weren't that great but weren't bad. Most of the staff were ok too, our cabin steward never showed his face, but didn't hesitate to accept the tip envelope we left on the bed. We didn't let any of the things that were less than optimal ruin our trip. It was also our anniversary cruise ( 25 y) so we were in our own world anyway:D

About the room steward. When we first started cruising, that was the way it was. You never saw him, unless you rang for him, and that was a good thing. I always consider it a good think when the stweard comes in when I am gone and everthing is perfect when I come back. On the Mariner, he told us that we could call on the phone and he would take care of whatever we needed. we had to search for ours on the last night to give him his tip. We told him to come into the room and he was very reluctant. My daughter had gone to the towel folding demo and made him a towel turtle for thanking him for everything he did.

Your cabin steward cleaned your cabin all week so he shouldn't hesitate to accept the tip.

I agree with Kruuzin and iheartbda-. If the cabin attendant keeps your room clean, replenishes your towels and in general gives you a satisfactory or better cabin experience, s/he has done his/her job. "Face time" does not contribute to a clean or neat cabin.

our cabin steward never showed his face, but didn't hesitate to accept the tip envelope we left on the bed.

Did he make your bed? Change out your towels? Keep you supplied with toilet paper? Bring you new bars of soap? Leave the Compass and chocolates?

He did his job. I see no reason why he shouldn't have accepted the tip.

Ditto on the congrats! I took and passed my NCLEX in July...talk about stress!

Congratulations on passing the NCLEX! :) How well I remember those days :D I had booked the Sovereign as my graduation present to myself. I finished classes, graduated, took my 7 night cruise, then went back home to take the NCLEX. Relaxing before the big one must have worked, because the computer shut off after I'd answered the minimum number of questions required.

Congratulations on passing the NCLEX! :) How well I remember those days :D I had booked the Sovereign as my graduation present to myself. I finished classes, graduated, took my 7 night cruise, then went back home to take the NCLEX. Relaxing before the big one must have worked, because the computer shut off after I'd answered the minimum number of questions required.

Thanks! :D It is a harrowing ordeal that I wish NEVER to repeat! Unlike you, I was unable to relax before the big one and scheduled the cruise for after the test on purpose. Plus, we always cruise the end of August anyway! :) I also had the minimum number of questions but it didn't make me feel any better...I felt like I failed, as does everyone else when they are finished! :eek:

Archived