Evening Outdoor Dining at Breeza

jjb415

While on the August 25, 2007, sailing we had great dinnner outdoors at Breeza Restaurant the evening that the ship was in St. George. On the port side of the ship, inside and out, they set up the tables in the buffet area with tablecloths and offer a menu with waiter service, the same each night with no additional charge. The starboard side of the ship has the usual buffet called Windows. One of the ship's officers reccommended this to us as a little-known alternative to the other dining options. We made reservations for 8pm and requested an outdoor table, but, upon arrival, the only available tables were indoors. The wait was well-worth it and our outdoor dinner was unique. Many people ate there each night and sat outside for the entire evening, so, it would be good to book early in the evening, if possible to avoid disappointment. There are only a few tables that are completely outdoors on deck.

I agree - this is the (unfortunately) best-kept secret on Journey. We wandered up there one night, found out that reservations were required, and made them for the next night while still in Hamilton. Fantastic service, and dining outside at night really can't be beat! We researched the heck out of this ship before sailing on 8/11 (especially on CC), but I can't recall of a single mention of reservations being required for Breeza. Otherwise, we would have done it first thing! Breeza and the T-pool area -- the two best-kept secrets on Journey!

Yes, there were people eating out there on sea nights. I went out to the buffet side (starboard) on Thursday to see if Windows was offering lobster on the buffet (they were, next to the sushi section, as mentioned on these boards long ago), and people were enjoying the outdoor area at Breeza (port side) that night at sea. The 2 sides of the back deck were separated by potted trees. As I mentioned, some people went early and sat out the entire evening, even on the sea nights.

The menu offerings, as I remember them, were escargots in garlic butter & peking duck crepe as starters (plus more). The entrees that I remember from the menu were roast chicken and a steak topped with blue cheese. The same menu was offered each night, but, I can't remember all of the items because the big draw for us was the 'al fresco' aspect of the restaurant. Sorry that I can't remember more specific aspects of the entire menu. :mad:

I'm happy to be able to mention something little known to those of you who will be able to enjoy this in the future!

:)

Jack

Thanks for the info...sounds like an excellent choice, especially while in port....i am also interested in hearing about the menu if possible....and the dinner hours if remembered!

thanks again,

jane

From the Daily Schedule:

Breeza

6:30pm - 9:30pm Casual Dining, for reservations dial #2702 (Menu)

6:00pm - 9:30pm Salad Bar, Sushi, Stir Fry, Pizza, Pasta (Buffet)

Hope this helps, we were a bit confused at first. As I said, this is Dinner in what is knon as Windows Cafe during Breakfast and Lunch. Port side is a menu restaurant with talble cloths & table service inside and outside, starboard side is buffet service inside and out with menu items for the Dining Room in addition to the salad bar, etc. Unfortunately, the lovely manager from Croatia will be back home by now, but, I'm sure someone just as charming will have replaced her.

Jack

thanks jack! sounds great....

i might be a little confused though...are you saying that the breeza side has waiter service with a fixed menu..and that the buffet side has the salad bar, pizza, pasta...etc along with some of the items that are on the dinner menu from the main dining room?...also buffet style...right?

oh...and did you enjoy the food available? did you write a review? and last but not least...welcome home!

jane

thanks jack! sounds great....

i might be a little confused though...are you saying that the breeza side has waiter service with a fixed menu..and that the buffet side has the salad bar, pizza, pasta...etc along with some of the items that are on the dinner menu from the main dining room?...also buffet style...right?

oh...and did you enjoy the food available? did you write a review? and last but not least...welcome home!

jane

Yes, you've got it correct. It is confusing and we were confused until we saw the setup. I tried to explain it as clarly as I could! The food on board was great, especially the fish dishes. Unfortunately, I won't be writing a review this time. :( . But, in short, I loved the ship, crew, and food. That being said, I've never had a less than spectacular cruise on any ship! :) Thanks for the wecome back home!!

We enjoyed Breeza one night on early August trip. We sat inside for comfort from humidity.

Two from our party visited the buffet line (which had pasta bar, sushi, lobster tails on Thurs nite) to do variety of nibbling while the other two ordered from menu. Worked out well and put one with access to excellent Brema espresso/coffee self-serve machines. There were about 24-30 in the indoor Breeza area our visit that started at 6:15pm.

Wish we had tried Breeza sooner (we did specialy restaurants four nights after finding too much commotion, hustle/bustle in the main DR the first two evenings.)

One other clarification needed - are reservations required at dinner for the Windows (buffet) side, or just the Breeza (menu) side? Was hoping to wander up to the buffet occasionally for a bit of pre-dinner sushi.

No reservations are needed for the buffet side. As a matter of fact, we visited the buffet early in the evening to take some sushi back to the room to eat before dinner. :) Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived