Information on caribbean band "Extasea"

starcraft

Hello,

on our cruise on QM2 we had such a wonderful caribbean band called Extasea. I tried to get further information, but I had no chance. Can anyone of you give me information on this band. When do they play on the ship again? Are they on Qe2 in 2008 (worldcruise?). That would be great. My wife loves to hear especially this band playing.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Hello,

on our cruise on QM2 we had such a wonderful caribbean band called Extasea. I tried to get further information, but I had no chance. Can anyone of you give me information on this band. When do they play on the ship again? Are they on Qe2 in 2008 (worldcruise?). That would be great. My wife loves to hear especially this band playing.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards[/QUOT

your right they are a great band we enjoyed them on several different curises with cunard.

i have one of thier cd's somewhere in my home. the only thing i do remember is that they were all from st lucia

@2moose: Where did you buy the CD? I am looking around for several month to find out if the have cd´s.

Is it possible to get the cd somewhere around?

Thank you

Regards

the band gave me one free(?) they played several requests for me and i bought them a few rounds of drinks and they gave me a freebe. but as i recall they would announce several times a day that they had a cd for sale via a band member have you tried googleing them @ st lucia

I am not sure how long they will be on the ship for, but they were on in November last year, and I believe they are resident on QM2.

They must have been on board in Dec 2006, too...

Very good music, but a little loud on the amplifiers. I'd love to see them again.

Yes, I tried everything. No chance. No cd´s were sold on our trip :mad: .

Is there any information on your disk???

Regards

i will have to look for the cd if i find it i will e mail you. perhaps cunard customers sevice has some info!!

by the way i googgled extasea and the only thing i found was our contacts on cruise critic. maybe we are spelling the name wrong??

I tried to contact Cunard. But I got no response. Yes perhaps we have the wrong name. It could also be Xtasea. But I did not find anything.

So I am waiting for you information about the cd cover.

Regards

According to a Daily Programme that I saved from Nov 18, 2004 the name is in fact Xtasea. Hope this helps your search.

After a number of original band members left in San Francisco on the World Cruise 2007, and were replaced by new members including a female lead singer, the performances suffered badly.

During the Pacific segment of the voyage, passenger complaints about a poor music variety and generally poor performances, they had their contract terminated in Dubai and were all flown back to the USA and on to home in the Carribean.

A replacement Carribean band "VIBZ" was hired and boarded the same day in Dubai.

As far as I am aware, they are now contracted to Cunard and will continue subject to performance.

These bands are arranged by agents in the Carribean and often change members without changing names............. so the band called VIBZ today may in fact bear little resemblence to the one boarded in March 2007.

The last members of Xtasea were ......... Kenson (lead & drums) Sue (vocals) Junior (vocals) and two young guys (whose names I can't recall) on bass and keyboards.

The photo in the threads above shows the previous lead singer Michel who was one of the original members on the QM2.......... he left back in 2006 to the best of my knowledge.

After a number of original band members left in San Francisco on the World Cruise 2007, and were replaced by new members including a female lead singer, the performances suffered badly.

During the Pacific segment of the voyage, passenger complaints about a poor music variety and generally poor performances, they had their contract terminated in Dubai and were all flown back to the USA and on to home in the Carribean.

A replacement Carribean band "VIBZ" was hired and boarded the same day in Dubai.

As far as I am aware, they are now contracted to Cunard and will continue subject to performance.

These bands are arranged by agents in the Carribean and often change members without changing names............. so the band called VIBZ today may in fact bear little resemblence to the one boarded in March 2007.

The last members of Xtasea were ......... Kenson (lead & drums) Sue (vocals) Junior (vocals) and two young guys (whose names I can't recall) on bass and keyboards.

The photo in the threads above shows the previous lead singer Michel who was one of the original members on the QM2.......... he left back in 2006 to the best of my knowledge.

wow thanx for the information!

i dont know about the extasea (spell??) band but i DO know the the current band is called Spectra, as my boyfriend is the guitarist! they r only there 2 more weeks before the resident band (Vibz) come back! has anyone seen them? were they good (spectra) ??

If they were on QM2 over the Labour Day weekend then yes, they were very good. Better than good, they were great.

I tried to contact Cunard. But I got no response. Yes perhaps we have the wrong name. It could also be Xtasea. But I did not find anything.

So I am waiting for you information about the cd cover.

Regards

I have searched all over for that cd and can not find it. if i do i will contact you best regards jim

now where did i leave my glasses???

• 2 years later...
Hello,

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

i was on the qm2 in aug 2009 and sep 2009,and there was a very good caribbean band called VIBZ that played on the QM2,they are supposed to have there own web site,look out for them

Archived