Carnival sensation????

Jaded8476

We are going on a 3-5 day cruise instead of a 7 day cruise in march, as this will be our first cruise... I need help..

We can either go on the carnival sensation or the carnival inspiration. both have some good reviews, and the iteniary doesnt matter as we are just going to get a feel for how bad the ship rocks, and if we could handle a 7 day cruise. (my fiance gets sea sick sometimes). Anyone know any particurarly good/bad things about either one???

Well, they are sister ships, both Fantasy class. I've been on the Sensation twice and LOVE her... I would say that you should be more concerned about the cabin you book, than the ship... but it's a great class of ship! Have fun whatever you choose!

We were on Sensation last October ... she's an older ship but still very nice. The crew, as usual, was outstanding and my dd (9 last year) had an awesome time at Camp Carnival. They did have problems with the stabilizers last year, but I believe that has been fixed now.

I would not expect too much movement of the ship on a Bahamas cruise ... the water is pretty calm, especially at that time of year. (waaaay past hurricane season ... or too early depending on your pov :) ).

I think you'll enjoy Sensation ... do check Michelle's review ... she always has good things to say and gives balanced reviews, so you'll get a pretty good picture of the ship as a whole.

Def go on sensation! you will have a blast! as for moving of the ship? When i was on it i only notcied movement twice the first was while we were sitting at the eating area at the very back of the ship...its like suspended off over another level...idk if you understand that or not but i think i felt the movement because of its location

the other time i was in Fantasia Lounge which surprised me because i wouldn't expect to feel movement in the middle of the ship but like it was like 2 waves that i felt and that was it and no one else in my family felt it...the movement was definetley nothing that would make me sick

I was on the Inspiration last November and the first night was very rocky on the water. Didn't bother me at all, but my sister was feeling a little seasick. Of course, that was a different time of year than you're sailing. It was a really enjoyable cruise, but there were definitely some rough waters.

The INSPIRATION is three(3) years newer then SENSATION to begin with. The port of Tampa is a HIGHLY recommended as a customer friendly cruise port. The INSPIRATION is in DRY DOCK as WE SPEAK.. Getting all the "Evloutions of Fun" upgrades for which SENSATION won't see until at least sometime mid to late next year. I debated the same things months ago that you are now and I am booked on INSPIRATION this FEBRUARY:) Hope this helps you to balance your choices. Happy Cruising!!

Low deck, mid-ship is your best bet on whatever ship you choose.

I actually like being on the lowest deck when I give up balcony for an oceanview. I like to be closer to the water so I can watch for giant squid to float by. :eek:

I am still watching and have not seen one yet... :)

The INSPIRATION is three(3) years newer then SENSATION to begin with. The port of Tampa is a HIGHLY recommended as a customer friendly cruise port. The INSPIRATION is in DRY DOCK as WE SPEAK.. Getting all the "Evloutions of Fun" upgrades for which SENSATION won't see until at least sometime mid to late next year. I debated the same things months ago that you are now and I am booked on INSPIRATION this FEBRUARY:) Hope this helps you to balance your choices. Happy Cruising!!

Oh if the evolution is taking place now then I would definatly vote for Inspiration, no doubt. It would be nice to see the changes.

Archived