noordam alaska questions

mina

Can you access the bow (there is a small deck area there) from the Rotterdam deck level?

What is the best time to go to the pier for minimal lines besides first thing. We do not want to go at 11 as we prefer waiting till the cabins are ready to board the ship -- hate the over full lido!

thank you!

let me reword that first question -- I want to be able to get to the small outdoor deck area on the rotterdam level at the bow -- just under the bridge to try to see the northern lights -- as they will be active on our upcoming cruise.

Mina, in my recollection, access to Noordam's bow was from deck 4 (upper promenade deck), and was only open to passengers on Glacier Bay viewing day. However, very good views can be had from the sports deck (the top deck).

As for embarkation, the passenger cabins are usually ready at 1pm, so you might prefer to board any time after that.

Karin

We got to the Seattle pier in August at 11:00. Boarding took maybe 20 minutes. We had our first lunch and then at 1:00 the rooms were open.

It was very easy, no lines of any great length. We had floor 5 which has a bow access with doors that look like they do not open , but they do. I beleive you can have them call you and notify you if the northern lites are out, so you don't have to wait up. Enjoy....Love the Noordam!!

We left downtown hotel about 10:30 WE were at Seattle pier about 10:45-ish, got checked in, photo taken for id card , then , in just a few minutes, as we were standing by the filled seats,the security lines were opened. Somehow, we were steered right into the Vista dining room, instead of the Lido. I thought perhaps it was the mariner tag on my carryon, but the others at our table were first timers. Anyhow it was much more gracious than being in the Lido. We were presented with menus. We had tablecloths and all the silver, just like always. It was the first time we have ever been in the DR when boarding. Anyone else?

We were on the 9-2 sailing also and were ushered right into the Vista dining room on embarkation at 11:00. It was wonderful to be waited on and have a great meal. By the time we were finished our rooms were ready. What a great way to start a cruise.

Archived