what's the best place to buy.....

terboo

My husband and I are going Western Caribbean in October. I have a cousin who would like me to bring him a cigar back.

Is there any island that has a good deal on cigars?

Is there a specific brand that I should buy? He wouldn't mind a new brand.

thanks,

terboo:p

Great idea about buying one at each port. Exactly which Western Caribe ports are you visiting?

The advise about buying Cubans is a good one. Beside being illegal to bring back, you can inadvertantly buy a non-Cuban at a horrible price. Having said that, there are shops on the islands that do carry legitimate Cubans.

Why not take him with you and let him pick and smoke one onboard!? (Now I shall run and take cover while the non-smokers begin asking, "why buy a cigar...it stinks...it..."

H

Although you cannot bring back Cubans you can bring Cuban seed cigars. Cuban seed cigars are made from tobacco grown from Cuban seeds in legal countries. Not being a big cigar smoker I cannot vouch for the difference but it can make for an interesting conversation.:rolleyes:

My husband loves a good cigar but in fact the prices on Cubans have gone up $$$$ all over the caribbean compared to a few years ago. And, half of the Cubans they are selling are fakes! I would say - find local cigars in the shops and you will probably find them a lot more reasonabley priced.

Archived