Will more excursion options show up later?

seminolepharmd

We are booked on a 7-night western caribbean cruise aboard the Legend out of Tampa. The ports of call are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. Recently I noticed that the "add excursions" link popped up under my reservation so I've been looking at the different options. Some of the ports have many options, however, there is only 1 option thus far for Belize and no options are listed yet for Costa Maya. Is this due to the recent hurricane damage, or do they typically add more and more as the date gets closer? Thanks for any feedback. :)

We are booked on a 7-night western caribbean cruise aboard the Legend out of Tampa. The ports of call are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. Recently I noticed that the "add excursions" link popped up under my reservation so I've been looking at the different options. Some of the ports have many options, however, there is only 1 option thus far for Belize and no options are listed yet for Costa Maya. Is this due to the recent hurricane damage, or do they typically add more and more as the date gets closer? Thanks for any feedback. :)

You are not sailing until February, so there is still time. You will have plenty to choose from, don't worry. And then again, you may be right because of the hurricane damage. If you are concerned, just call Carnival and ask them.

We do not sail until September, and I keep checking ours, but no luck.

Most wont show up until you are within 120 days of your cruise. From the carnival site.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_WhenCanIBook.aspx

Provided you have a valid cruise booking number and have met all deposit requirements for each guest you are booking shore excursions for, you can book shore excursions online beginning 120 days before your sail date. Keep in mind, unless otherwise noted in the shore excursion description, you will have until 5 days prior to sailing to make new shore excursion bookings. If you would like to purchase excursions after the cut-off date, you will need to do so once onboard. Some excursions have a limited capacity so booking early may ensure that the excursions you want are available.

spacer.gif

Most wont show up until you are within 120 days of your cruise. From the carnival site.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_WhenCanIBook.aspx

Provided you have a valid cruise booking number and have met all deposit requirements for each guest you are booking shore excursions for, you can book shore excursions online beginning 120 days before your sail date. Keep in mind, unless otherwise noted in the shore excursion description, you will have until 5 days prior to sailing to make new shore excursion bookings. If you would like to purchase excursions after the cut-off date, you will need to do so once onboard. Some excursions have a limited capacity so booking early may ensure that the excursions you want are available.

spacer.gif

Thanks! That is very helpful. I guess our excursions have just started showing up a bit early! :)

Since repairs for Costa Maya are expected to take at least 8 months, you will probably not be going there. That's why the excursions aren't listed.

I'm going on Legend in December and I've had excursions booked since July.

Actually, you can start booking excursions at 180 days out, not 120. :cool:

I was having the same problem with booking excursions, and started my own thread. After calling CCL a few times, I finally got the answer-they're 'renegotiating' tour operator contracts, and as they're finalized they'll be posted.

I was told by the end of August for mine, but I still only have 5 posted out of over 50 for all 3 ports. :( Patience is not a friend of mine, lol.

Actually, you can start booking excursions at 180 days out, not 120. :cool:

I was having the same problem with booking excursions, and started my own thread. After calling CCL a few times, I finally got the answer-they're 'renegotiating' tour operator contracts, and as they're finalized they'll be posted.

I was told by the end of August for mine, but I still only have 5 posted out of over 50 for all 3 ports. :( Patience is not a friend of mine, lol.

Carnival recently changed the 180 to 120 on their website. So you should be Golden in 9 more days or so.

Archived