Looking to book balcony cabin need input

boss_lady

Need input on whether these cabins on Norwegian Star are noisy. Balcony cabins BD 8550, 8552, 8556, 8558, and 8560 deck 8, port side, forward. They are near the stairs and elevators. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? Wanting to book one of these for February 2009 and was hoping they weren't to noisy. Really don't want to go any further forward. Thank you for helping.

Bosslady:)

Looks like there are cabins above these rooms and the promenade walking area below. There is the Carosaul Night Club below you but it looks like it's bacl toward the center of the ship. You can get some noise from the stairwell. I think the date you want is a little before springbreak so that should help. I would think you'll be fine.

You want to take some time when booking a room. You want to check and see what's above and below you. If there are cabins there that is usually good. If the area is unmarked or nightclubs etc you might want to move. One of the advantages to booking early. We once did a 15 day crusie and the area below us was unmarked. Unfortunately it was an airconditioning unit and it was impossible to sleep. Plus the ship was full and they couldn't put us in another room. When we got to Bermuda they had to fly a passenger home and we got their room. Otherwise we would have had to fly home. Lesson learned.

It looks like the Carosel Lounge is not directly under those cabins but how late do they stay open? Also it looks like the Theater is more forward but do they have real late shows or are then done by 11pm? I will also check some paperwork I have to see about the showtimes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Have sailed the Star twice, once to Mex. Riviera and once to Alaska. Can't say that I've ever walked by the Carousel Lounge when it was real noisy, at least not noisy enough to affect cabins above or below the lounge.

Shows in the theater will be finished by 11 p.m.

Dianne

Have sailed the Star twice, once to Mex. Riviera and once to Alaska. Can't say that I've ever walked by the Carousel Lounge when it was real noisy, at least not noisy enough to affect cabins above or below the lounge.

Shows in the theater will be finished by 11 p.m.

Dianne

Thank you. That's what I thought. Will be booking the Star for Mexico for Feb. 09. Can't wait. Again thank you.

Archived