Now that we are back..where to get pictures printed at cheap price?

alikim

Hi,

I know there was thread on this before but wanted ask again...

What is the best way to get our pictures from Hawaii developed?

I was thinking Costco but is Costco more expensive than on-line?

Which on-line sites are dependable, cheap, and developes good quality pictures?

I found Costco sometimes prints little too dark so quality is not the greatest.

Thank you so much.

For the last several years, I have uploaded all of my photos to http://www.Shutterfly.com and had them printed in leather-bound photo books. Here's a link to one of my Alaska cruise books... http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BaNmLNy1ZNBu . (Note that the Emerald Lake and Marjerie Glacier two-page photos originally were perfectly aligned across both pages but were skewed when they changed their photo book format. Since I had already ordered my copy of the book before they changed it, I haven't bothered to realign it.) Anyway, I can choose different backgrounds and borders (they have some really cute surfboard and hibiscus backgrounds for Hawaii!) and add captions and create a photo journal-type memory of my vacations. With options for adding up to 15 or so photos per page, the cost ends up being about the same as having pictures printed as 4x6s, but it looks so much nicer. Shutterfly also has 12 cent deals on their individual prints if you buy a prepaid plan. Their photo processing is excellent for film as well. I highly recommend their services.

I'll second the endorsement for Shutterfly. I've been using them for about five years now and the quality has always been top notch. They aren't necessarily the cheapest, but 12 cents for the prepaid 4x6 prints is very reasonable.

After a southern caribbean cruise two years ago that included pre-cruise days in San Juan, PR, I created a hardcover photo-book. It took some time and effort to prepare, but the results were fanatastic. You'll spend more than for prints, but you will have a unique display of your photos that everyone will enjoy.

Having just returned from Hawaii, I ordered 75 4x6 prints because I had promotional credits that made most of them free, except for shipping. I may still put together a photo-book of my favorites because the finished product is such a great journal of treasured memories.

We used Sam's Club for all of our pictures from Hawaii. I do my own editing of the pictures and they have an option at their kiosk to turn off all the automatic enhancers etc. that their computer applies. The pictures came out great! We used the two day service (they were done and picked up the next day) and got the prints for 11 cents apiece. They also use the Fuji Crystal Archive paper and a Fuji Frontier 370 printer which are a great combination and the pictures will not fade as quickly as ones on Kodak paper. The other great thing about Sam's is they can do about any size you want for pictures.

Hi,

I know there was thread on this before but wanted ask again...

What is the best way to get our pictures from Hawaii developed?

I was thinking Costco but is Costco more expensive than on-line?

Which on-line sites are dependable, cheap, and developes good quality pictures?

I found Costco sometimes prints little too dark so quality is not the greatest.

Thank you so much.

I had the same problem with costco before. It seems it is still the case

• 2 weeks later...

SHUTTERFLY, SHUTTERFLY, SHUTTERFY!!!!!:D I LOVE shutterfly. Do a book and you will be amazed! I have one for every vacation we have been on since we got a digital camera. I'm sure they do a fine job with film too but I've never had the guts to put my film in the mail. Target develops for Shutterfly in some locations. I would try them if you have film. I wouldn't look for the cheapest place. Especially for my Hawaii pictures. You get what you pay for sometimes. I will never, ever, ever, ever get my film developed at Walmart! Big difference!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

To resurrect an old thread (in lieu of beginning a new one, as I followed my own advice and searched before posting ;) ) --- Shutterfly is really phenomenal. I knew back this summer that I'd be using our Hawaii photos as Christmas presents for most of our family members. Like us, they all have WAY too much "stuff" anyway, so photos in a decent frame are a much-appreciated gift, and something they get all too rarely from us now that we're "grown and gone." I purchased some nice little tchachkes while in Hawaii to go with the pictures -- calendars, mousepads, little shell bracelets, etc. Then today after a much-needed payday (MAN do I miss being paid every 2 weeks, or even 2x per month, now that the "eagle flies" once a month in my current position!)... anyway... I was ready to go Christmas shopping with my album I'd uploaded to Shutterfly.

For less than $150 total, I purchased 5 8x10's, 15 5x7's, 480 4x6's (prints of the main Hawaii album from our trip), another 30 4x6's of pictures of "he, me, or us" which I'll put in little "brag books" for our moms, an 11x17 "collage" poster, AND two 2008 calendars with our most special photos (one for me, one as SO's Christmas present). I also will receive 1000 Delta frequent flier miles for the first $20 of the order, plus 10 miles for every dollar I spent over $20.

I chose Shutterfly even tho' my main album I link here is on Webshots, because for some reason Webshots seems to think that a 3x5 print of a photo is what people want -- Shutterfly offers 4x6 prints as low as 12 cents per print if you buy a package (which I did, given the size of our album). It's a service well worth checking out -- and if you don't have a zillion photos like I did, you can even order 4x6 prints at your local Target store for delivery within one hour at 19 cents each.

Archived