Help on a couple questions.....

minner80

Hi. We are thinking about a cruise to Alaska in May. We cruised to Alaska a couple years ago in July. Can someone tell me any differences I may incur. Also thinking about either a SY Suite or SC Suite. What are the differences? Do you get the same suite perks on either. Thanks

Here is all I know, may not be much!

We had the same questions, so I called and found out.

SY-yes it is a suite, but not at large as an SC. The SY cabins are usually, but not always on a lower deck than an SC.

AND the major differences- no Neptune Lounge and all that includes. NO expedited embarking or disembarking. NO early tendering, you will have to wait with everyone else. On an SY cabin.

SC cabins supposedly have better beds, better tv's, better sheets. You get a different color S&S card-meaning no waiting for tender lines and such. We are supposed to have a cocktail party with the Captain. We get high tea(?) daily.

Suites are larger, balcony larger. Better ammenities in the suite, bathroom and such.

So, Hubby and I had booked an SY cabin and then thought for a few more $$'s we could have all of the above. So we booked an SC GTY, we really don't care where we are on the ship-we will be cruising!

I hope I have helped.

Nicki

Less sea wildlife sightings in May and the salmon are not running yet if thats of interest.

I was just going to post about this. We went mid May this year and when we went on our whale watch the captain of the ship told my SO that the feeding fish for whales were limited or something like that. Meaning that you'll see less bubble fishing or whatever that's called. My memory is shot, sorry.

However, we had the most gorgeous weather! :cool:

And, he told my SO that they had had the coldest winter in many many years. Many of the lakes we saw were still covered in some ice. That's beautiful too though.

Archived