French Wines

chefim

We will be on a B2B in November on CB. This is our first cruise on Princess, and first trip to St Maarten.

I am wondering if there are some good prices on French wine, and if anyone can direct me to the best place.

For gtaylor, just a note that I contacted Jay at Shiva on your recommendation here on CC, and we look forward to working with him when we get there. Thanks for all of your great information on this forum, it is much appreciated.

Regards,

Chef

You can find wine at all prices in Marigot. There is a terrific shop just off the Port Royale for fine and expensive wines but we prefer to shop at Match, the supermarket just at the edge of Marigot going towards Grand Case. They have a large selection and the prices are fair. Also a good place for pastis, cognac and cassis. I have paid as little as 2.5$ for cassis and pastis. Also they carry the old rhums from Martinique that are like fine cognac.

Guilty. I tried sending an email to you that I found on this forum, and then I got an email from Jay stating that you were vacationing on St Maarten at that time.

Regards,

Chef

Ira?

Still on-island, but I'm monitoring my e-mail. If I missed something, please resend. E-mail is in my profile.

Jay told me that he had received your contact, and was ready to work with you.

Ask Jay about the 16 carat diamond that he just delivered. An awesome stone that my wife had the opportunity to try on. Very high 6 digit $$$$$$.

gary

Ira?

Still on-island, but I'm monitoring my e-mail. If I missed something, please resend. E-mail is in my profile.

Jay told me that he had received your contact, and was ready to work with you.

Ask Jay about the 16 carat diamond that he just delivered. An awesome stone that my wife had the opportunity to try on. Very high 6 digit $$$$$$.

gary

Yes, Ira.

We had a great Israeli Jeweler for many years that was a diamond dealer, and we saw some great stones, but I am not sure I have ever seen one that large up close. Unfortunately we are too far away to work with our jeweler now.

I am also looking for something a little smaller than 16 carats:D Not sure I would even want my wife to try it on, as I would have to sell everything I own, and go into slavery for it.

I will try and resend my original email. Thanks for the recommendation, and for your assistance.

Regards,

Chef

• 2 months later...

I wanted to offer some thanks to GTaylor here on the forums for all that he does to give us great info on this forum.

We took his advice about Shiva's for jewelry, and they went over and above as a result of Gary's recommendation. We got some great rings, at a great price, and were treated like royalty there. I would highly recommend that anyone looking for jewelry head there and ask for Ron or Jay.

The information that he offers and just about every aspect of St. Maarten is gold.

Thanks so much for all that you do.

Regards,

Chef

I want to include my appreciation to Gary for all the work he is doing to promote St.Maarten tourism and just making cruise vacations go smoother. It really helps to have a friend on the island who is also an "insider" for the best places to visit.

My involvement was a prolonged frustrating battle for over eight months concerning a jewelry transaction at Jewelery Outlet with Vicky. Through the efforts of CitiCard, the Tourist Board and a special intervention by Gary we finally got an official refund. So I can speak from personal experience his suggestions are definitely worth following. His only payback is that you have a good time. Thanks Again, Gary

Archived