40th wedding anniversary ideas?

gatorclaw

Hey gang,

My folks and I (and lil' Gatorclaw, and my bro and his family) are going on a cruise in 1st quarter 2009. It's my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.

Anybody have any exciting suggestions about how we can celebrate this? On the ship? On shore (not sure which ports yet)? Something to make this a great experience for my folks.

Thanks!

Could you have the room steward decorate their room? 40th is the ruby anniversary (I just had a 40th party for my parents) Or maybe set something up with the waiter to have them have a balloon centerpiece on the table at dinner one night? I'm sure if you'd provide them with the balloon that say 40th anniversary they could do something with them. Or maybe rent a tux for your dad and set up an appointment at the spa for your mom and send them off to the supper club one night?

I found it almost impossible to find 40th anniversary decorations in the store and had to order my from the Internet.

hope this helps.

Rebekah

Gatorclaw-

Not sure if you have "groupies" but if you do...I think I am one of them (and proud to be one, btw)!! I absolutely LOVE your videos! Okay, with that being said, I know they offer vow renewal packages on the ships. We looked into it this summer for our 10yr wedding anniversary. Also, depending on where you stop on your cruise, I know a lot of places (especially St. Thomas) will do vow renewal ceremonies on the beach, etc. I'm not sure if your parents would be interested in that, but maybe just a quick ceremony and then on to the important part---the party/celebration afterward!!

I think it's great that you are even considering options for your parent's special day. It shows what a fabulous guy you are!

Good luck with this! Happy Cruising and Happy Anniversary to your parents!

40th is the ruby anniversary (I just had a 40th party for my parents)

I found it almost impossible to find 40th anniversary decorations in the store and had to order my from the Internet.

hope this helps.

Rebekah

Rebekah-

Thanks for reminding me about the ruby anniversary. DUH! We just did a ruby anniversary for my in-laws earlier this year! I can't believe I didn't think of that when I was originally reading this post!

Gatorclaw-

For my in-laws 40th, we basically did a google search related to "ruby" and found all kinds of things. We ended up sending the in-laws to a bed/breakfast at Ruby Falls in Tennessee as their gift. So, if you can't find anything you like to do for them on a cruise, maybe you could take it a different direction and do something related to "ruby" instead. (But definitely still go on the cruise, because we will want to see your video afterward!):p

Good luck!

-Karin

Hey gang,

My folks and I (and lil' Gatorclaw, and my bro and his family) are going on a cruise in 1st quarter 2009. It's my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.

Something to make this a great experience for my folks.

Thanks!

"*****".......:D :D :D

Congrats to your parents on their 40th. My parents hada their 40th last month and my gift to them was a cruise on the Liberty. I arranged for family to join the cruise without them knowing.. I had shirts printed up and when they got on the ship everyone was already their in their t-shirts.

I called Carnival in advance and had their cabin decorated with the anniversary package

During the cruise I did a few things too

Took the entire group upto the supper club for a meal

arranged for shore excursions together (for two of the three stops..one I let everyone do their own things (grand Cayman so no one could get into too much trouble)

Just try to plan something where everyone will have fun..in our case the ages of those coming ranged from 2 - 72. In our case everyone is kinda spread across different parts of the country so you never really know how many oppertunities you'll all have to be together.

Maybe you could set up something so they could renew their vows on the ship or on one of the islands. You could suprise them with flowers, etc.

DH and I will be celebrating our 40th in a few years, and I would love it if my kids would think of something like that. It is something that I could never get the hubby to do on his own.

I love your videos also. Have shared them with all my friends, and some have decided to go on cruises after seeing them. Can't wait for the next installment.

We also are taking my parents on an anniversary cruise in December.... I gave it to them for Christmas last year and we leave on their anniversary on December 1st.... It is their 45th anniversary and I'm trying to come up with something to do for them also.... we are all going with..... I will have to watch this thread for more ideas:D

Thank you for all the suggestions (except for the one about *****- these are my parents- sicko!)

My dad isn't much of a romantic, so I'm not sure about the renewal of vows. But I'm sure I can work the ruby angle in some way.

And for sure- I will take them to the supper club as a nice treat.

Thank you for all the suggestions (except for the one about *****- these are my parents- sicko!)

My dad isn't much of a romantic, so I'm not sure about the renewal of vows. But I'm sure I can work the ruby angle in some way.

And where do you think you came from......the stork ???????:D :D

***** can bring the dead back to life. The proper interaction with your life partner can bring positive and refreshing results to the party. The instructions say go to a Dr. or the ER if you are stilll swinging the bat after 4 hours. I'd just give it 3 hours.......we don't want any explosion around.:eek:

Archived