Travel advise to port canaveral

banderboo

We have decided to fly into Daytona Beach,fl and drive to Port C and stay in Port C. What do you think?

Daytona Beach is only an hour away from Port Canaveral - straight shot on I-95 to Hwy 528 and there you are.

Always

Shirley

If you want to do a map quest, use this address on this link

http://www.portcanaveral.org/directions.php

If you're already on I-75 then I would just stay on 75 until Wildwood and then hit the Florida Turnpike. I do not like that cut across on I-10 nor do I like I-95. It is very easy to take the turnpike through Orlando.

I like to stay in Orlando off of International Drive the night before. It is only about a 45 minute drive over to the port.

I, too, hate that cut across on I-10. I always refer to it as like being in the twilight zone. Once we stopped at one of the first exits when you get onto I-10 off of 75. We went down to one gas station and dh pumped gas. I went in to potty and the bathrooms were so disgusting that I nearly threw up. The cashier was cursing a man for scratching his lottery tickets at the counter. When I went out, there was a man with a machete, swinging it around wildly, hacking at weeds. He was scary. We paid fast and left.

I then had dh to stop at another store so we could use the bathroom. While I was inside, dh waited outside in the car. He said a girl came out of the store wearing only a negligee, and she flashed him (the bottom end, not the top) He said she had no teeth and was just nasty looking. We still laugh about that to this day.

Needless to say, we avoid that area as much as we can, LOL

To the OP, stick to I-75.

I, too, hate that cut across on I-10. I always refer to it as like being in the twilight zone. Once we stopped at one of the first exits when you get onto I-10 off of 75. We went down to one gas station and dh pumped gas. I went in to potty and the bathrooms were so disgusting that I nearly threw up. The cashier was cursing a man for scratching his lottery tickets at the counter. When I went out, there was a man with a machete, swinging it around wildly, hacking at weeds. He was scary. We paid fast and left.

I then had dh to stop at another store so we could use the bathroom. While I was inside, dh waited outside in the car. He said a girl came out of the store wearing only a negligee, and she flashed him (the bottom end, not the top) He said she had no teeth and was just nasty looking. We still laugh about that to this day.

Needless to say, we avoid that area as much as we can, LOL

To the OP, stick to I-75.

Thanks for sharing. But to be fair, the "we bare all" signs are on 75, not 10. Don't stop in the middle of nowheresville on 10, instead stop in Valdosta, lots of clean, brand name choices, just a few miles north of the GA/FLA border, exit 18. And by the time you get to 295, orange park is a fine and decent place to stop. Driving from ATL, when we are leaving late, after work on a Friday for a Saturday embarkation, we'll drive to orange park, spend the night, then have around 2.5 hours the next morning, and that stretch of 95 has not been a problem early on a saturday morning, and the construction of the 295 interchange appears completed, though there is some re-paving. I find re-paving less annoying than repeated tolls across 528. (and 75 in south GA is a ton of construction the past couple years). When we drive straight through on a saturday for a sunday embarkation, we target having dinner in titusville at dixie crossroads, and then spend the night at the hampton in titusville, so we want to end up on 95, and I usually take the same route using 10--but driving home from the last two cruises Ihave gone straight across 528, tolls and all, to the turnpike and up, and it saves me 15 miles net, maybe, on a 500 or so mile drive, vs. the 95 to 295 to 10 to 75 route.

Banderboo,

We are from East TN and are going to be on the same cruise. We are going to be in 6071 and 6069. We are flying in to St Pete on Sunday and then out on Friday from Orlando. Whats sad is that the flights are almost as much as the cruise, and I will bet alliegiant air won't feed us as well. Oh I am so looking forward to the airline peanuts!

Lakedog -

That's part of the reason we decided to drive. We are traveling with my parents and are staying in the same cabin so when I saw the price drop on the royal suite today I had to grab it. I'm so excited! After we leave the ship on Friday we've decided to head to Disney for 4 days since my parents haven't been there in 30+ years (only Magic Kingdom was open the last time they were there).

I'll be visiting your neck of the woods this weekend. We're driving to Pigeon Forge for a couple days of shopping!

Well hope to see you on board!

75 it is! Anyone know how much I should expect to pay in tolls?

Archived