Honeymoon Cruise

mystic5091

I apologize in advance if this has been asked somewhere. I am looking for ideas on what would be the best ship for a honeymoon. Our wedding is 9/12/08, so we are looking for a cruise that will leave on 9/14. We are live in CT, so hoping for a departure on the east coast. We would like some kind of island for destinations. We have only done one other cruise and that was the Carnival Ecstay, which was fun but turns out a small ship compared to most. :-) Any suggestions would be great! Thank you.

if you want a nice huge ship go for RCCL freedom of the seas. .or any of their newer ships.. our friends loved it ....

it leaves out of florida and goes to haiti, jamaica, cayman islands.. and maybe cozumel..

have fun,,

just remember sept is hurricane season :(

I apologize in advance if this has been asked somewhere. I am looking for ideas on what would be the best ship for a honeymoon. Our wedding is 9/12/08, so we are looking for a cruise that will leave on 9/14. We are live in CT, so hoping for a departure on the east coast. We would like some kind of island for destinations. We have only done one other cruise and that was the Carnival Ecstay, which was fun but turns out a small ship compared to most. :-) Any suggestions would be great! Thank you.

This is the fun part: you research!! You can either start researching the places on the east coast that ships leave from, or you can pick a cruiseline and then start looking for the date that you need, and then where it is you want to go. Try googling the phrase "how to pick a cruise" or something like that. Your options are limited, of course, first by there being a specific date you need the cruise to be, and then the fact that it needs to leave from the east coast. Just settle in with a pad of paper and pen, and start your search! You are smart to do it now because even though it is a year away, lots of people have cruises booked for 2009! Good luck!!:)

Get a cruise brochure and start reading! That way, you'll have the itinerary, dates, port of departure, etc.... all right in front of you. Then, when you're ready to book, you'll have the deck plans, so you'll know what cabin you're getting! Always have the brochure at hand!

Have you thought about using a travel agent? Personally, I like dealing directly with the cruiseline, but others swear by their TA's and would never book directly. A TA will be able to help you find exactly what kind of cruise you want, WHEN you want to go, and to the ports you would like best. Also, a TA will go to bat for you if some kind of problem arises. :)

Archived