First time cruiser here - Cab costs?

YorkieMommyKandis

We are leaving on the Carnival Sensation on 09/23 for the Bahamas. This will be mine and my soon to be hubby's first cruise. We are trying to save a little money by doing some of our shore excursions on our own. We would like to spend our day in Nassau by first going to Ardasta, then doing the Carnival Yellowbird cruise, and then maybe going to Atlantis. I'm wondering if this is too much to try to cram into one day and if maybe we should skip something? Also, how much should we expect to pay for cab rides from the ship to Ardasta and back and to Atlantis and back? I don't want to look like a sucker without a clue and overpay. Do you ask them before you get in what the cost will be and haggle it down, or do they have a set price? My worries of being out of the country and not knowing what to expect has me asking a million questions.

You're not going to be able to all that in one day, unless the ship is in port until at least 10pm. Do you mean Ardastra, the local zoo? You could spend an entire day there. Does the ship offer a tour to the zoo? That might be something to check on. But you really cannot do all three things if you arrive in the morning and leave by 5pm. Decide what's most important of the three and choose two.

Thanks guys. I think for time purposes (and money as well) we are probably going to go ahead and cut out the Yellowbird cruise because it almost sounds like a waste of money. The cruise ship doesn't leave until early the next morning however. I guess we will have time to do both Ardasta and Atlantis? Does anyone have any idea what cab costs are?

• 3 years later...
Thanks guys. I think for time purposes (and money as well) we are probably going to go ahead and cut out the Yellowbird cruise because it almost sounds like a waste of money. The cruise ship doesn't leave until early the next morning however. I guess we will have time to do both Ardasta and Atlantis? Does anyone have any idea what cab costs are?

Did you do the Ardastra Gardens? I was hoping to find out how much cabs were to go there.

Thanks!!

Archived