Price Drop customer service was great

jayjayp

I noticed a price drop for our upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise in Jan. Called NCL customer service and within 5 minutes had email conformation of reduced price. Could not have been easier. This will be our 4 NCL cruise and we have never had any problems, but we cruised RCLL & Princess and never had problems with them either (unless you consider the ship sinking in St. Martin a problem):D

jayjayp,

If I may be so bold to ask what is your ship, sailing date and cabin catagory? I just went online to check ours out and DH and my AB cabin went up $300.00 our sons cabins also up $200.00. We did book last Mar. while on our other cruise. I think we got our really good deal back then. Since then we did have one price drop with the AF cabins and NCL did honor that with no problems. (our TA handled that) Now prices back up.:rolleyes: Hard to figure this out at times. I guess a person needs to keep watching as long as it's not a promotional booking.

Have a great cruise,

Retiredonthesea

NCL SS Norway Eastern Caribbean Feb.1995

Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct.1999

NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct.2000

NCL Wind Alaska June2002

Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera Oct.2005

NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar.2007

NCL Sun Western Caribbean Oct.2007

NCL Star Mexican Riviera Jan.2008

we booked a BC last May for Jan 19th sailing. Proce drop was $300/cabin. we booked 3 cabins

Good for you!

It does pay to keep checking the prices and hope for a price drop before final payment.

I keep checking ours but they are going up and up:eek:

Our TA has been sucessful in negotiating two price drops since we first booked our May 17 cruise on the Jade. The total drop has been $700 p/p so far on a BA aft cabin. She is a great TA!!! We will keep watching until final paymen in March. After that I won't look again because I don't want to know:eek: .

Regarding price drops, exactly where do you look for them?

We booked through an agency that we found through a website (that I don't think I can mention) where you request quotes for specific cruises from their pool of affiliated agents. I'd say our price is about as good as it can be (actually, prices - I have two cruises booked!), but if it does drop, how would I know?

When I look at various cruise sales sites, the prices always vary a bit, as do the perks they offer, whether or not they show port charges and taxes in the website price, etc.

The only place I look is on the NCL web site. I search just as if i were looking to book a cruise. If I see that the price for my catagory cabin has gone down, I e-mail the page to my TA with the simple message "What do you think?". She has always come through!

Archived