Flight dep. 10:05 am from FCO

You should check w/ your cruise line to see what time the ship is docking Civitavecchia. Chances are, it is an early arrival time. We were on the Celebrity 2 years ago and docked around 4:30 am and were off the ship by 6 am to wait for our van pickup. Several people sharing the van ride had early flights at FCO. It is 1 1/2 hr trip to the airport from the port. We stayed over after our cruise to tour the Vatican and didn't fly out til the next day.

If I were you, I would arrange a taxi/limo pickup to make sure that you will get to the airport on time. They say 3 hr prior to flight but I think 2 would be plenty. So you would need to be at the airport around 8 am and need to leave the port area by 6:00-6:30 am at the latest. Checking in at FCO was very easy and done within a matter of 15 min. We did curbside checkin as they had an attendant standing there to help us.

Mary

Hopefully FCO won't be too busy at that time of day. We just flew home from there and the airport was not only nuts busy, but the people doing the check in etc...where beyond slow. We were in the first class line with two parties in front of us. It took over 40 minutes just to check in. I really hated that airport!

Hi, i actually called the cruise line to ask about that, and our cruise (july 2008) gets in at 5;00 a.m. . They told me not to book any flights that depart before 11;00 a.m.. Also my TA, told us the same. So i am looking at flights that are departing at 11;15 a.m. I really dont want to be stressed out about making that flight. Good Luck.

Per RCCL's website, they recommend flights after 10am so you should be okay.

Ship: Legend Of The Seas s.gifs.gif

Airport: Rome-Fiumicino Arpts.gif

s.gifPort Of Departure: Rome (civitavecchia), Italys.gif

Earliest Departure Time: 10:00 AM

Cruise Junky,

Guess we were just lucky w/ our check in. We did stay over in Rome the extra night after our cruise & didn't have flights until 1:30 pm so maybe that's why it wasn't as busy. Most flights left in the am.

I would suggest you try to get flights later rather than your 10:05 am. just to give yourself that window of time. FCO is slower than slow as Cruise Junky just mentioned. We checked in very easily but almost missed our flight because they changed our gate departure! We were sitting in the gate waiting area and wondering why there were so few people sitting there with us. My husband decided to check the flight departure gate and they moved the flight to another terminal. No PA announcement, etc. We had very little time to move to the new terminal. So I would advise that you check your flight departure gates also.

Have a great cruise.

Mary

When in Rome, do as the Romans do!

Archived