HMC Cabana

LegalSailor

Hey all,

I booked a private cabana for our day at Half Moon Cay for myself, the DW, Mom, and Dad - and I had a question.

When I made the booking, I purchased the Sky Blue cabana, and used my name to make the booking. If I understand the description, "only one person need purchase the cabana for up to four people," then am I correct to assume that since I booked the cabana, I don't have to do anything further to note the other three people joining me?:o

I hope so, but if not I have enough time to change it!

Hey all,

I booked a private cabana for our day at Half Moon Cay for myself, the DW, Mom, and Dad - and I had a question.

When I made the booking, I purchased the Sky Blue cabana, and used my name to make the booking. If I understand the description, "only one person need purchase the cabana for up to four people," then am I correct to assume that since I booked the cabana, I don't have to do anything further to note the other three people joining me?:o

I hope so, but if not I have enough time to change it!

Your assumption is correct, LegalSailor. If you were to note the other three people joining you, the HAL excursion desk would think that each of you wanted your own cabana! I know because this is what happened to me!!!:eek: :D I booked a cabana under my own name, and then added my husband and daughters' names. HAL thought we wanted four cabanas! True story! I'm glad I straightened it out before we embarked on our cruise!!

Karin

Your assumption is correct, LegalSailor. If you were to note the other three people joining you, the HAL excursion desk would think that each of you wanted your own cabana!

Hmm...now there is a thought!...:D

But seriously, thanks for the reply, I can now relax and not wonder if the parents and wife would be upset at me if they were "kept out" of the cabana!;)

I've been to HMC plenty of times before, and stand by the statement that you could spend an entire cruise moored at HMC and still be satisfied!

However, I had never booked a cabana, since the four of us (DW, Parents, Myself) have never gone to HMC at the same time, but thanks for the help on the topic!:)

We have booked the cabana several times. They will put a request form in your room asking you for the number of people (not names, just number), as well as soft drink preferences for the day. After you return the form to the shore excursion desk, they will give you a tender pass for up to four of you. The tender pass allows you to bypass the tender ticket process and be among the first on the island. When you get to the cabana, the attendant will come by and deliver your soft drinks, water, fruit, chips/salsa, veggies, etc.

Hope you have a fantastic day on HMC!

When you book the cabana, it is yours for the day. As many people as you want can wander in and out and use the cabana. What you get for four people is priority tender tickets, snorkel gear and such, nibbles (crudites and chips and dip), and soft drinks. If you pay the extra fee for extra people it just means more tix and set ups. Nobody is counting how many people are lying on the porch. There is plenty of room for six or eight people in the cabana.

Check out our cabana page at

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/cabana.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived