Bacab Eco Park Bike Adventure

bacm

• 1 year later...
Is there anyone who has been on this excursion and let me know how it was? Thanks.

Ok - a year later and I have the same question. Has anyone done the "Jungle Bike Adventure" at the Bacab Eco Park?

We're doing a Royal Caribbean trip with Belize as a port. The biggest attraction seems to be cave tubing, but I'm interested in some of the other options.

Well, I got a few e-mailed answers to my questions direct from a representative at Bacab:

me:

"What kind of pricing or packages do you offer? What is the best way to travel from the cruise port to your location?"

Bacab:

"We are not trying to cut you guys out of some savings, but my honest opinion is to make the booking through the ship.

You will be picked up at the dock, transported to the Park, guaranteed space on your tour, provided with lunch and given transportation back to the dock.

If you arrive at the Park via taxi (Usually $30.00 - $40.00 per person), we cannot guarantee a tour as it will be on space availability after satisfying the cruise ship needs first."

me:

"Can you provide any information about the level of mountain biking experience necessary to enjoy the trails? Are they level or steep? Lots of obstacles, or fairly clear?"

Bacab:

"The bike trail is through jungle and some parts are on the river side. Not too strenuous. Fairly clear. If it rains the ground is a little soft in places."

So there is a little more information about this tour. I'd still like to hear from any CC members that have done it! Anyone???

• 2 months later...

We did the bike tour last week. We booked thru RCI and it was a very easy trip to the park via charter bus. The trail is not difficult, but it is fun to ride the bike thru the jungle instead of walking or riding a horse. The tour guides were very sweet and accomodating. After the hour or so bike ride (no watch for the entire cruise), we had a lunch of rice with beans, chicken, veggies and Belize beer ($2). We then had another hour until the bus ride back. If the weather had been nicer and we had known to bring our suits, there was a beautiful pool. If you are young and very active - you might find the difficulty of the trail disappointing. Since we were expecting bad weather that day - we felt we made the right choice for our excursion as opposed to snorkeling and cave tubing for that day.

• 1 month later...

thanks for biking review. Two years ago we did Carnival biking trip but the destination was Altun Ha. So this review was much appreciated. If they ever change itinerary to Altun Ha I also give that high marks.

p.s. thanks for info on swimming suits.

I already knew from previous bikig trip that bug spray was way necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, I've been thinking about this tour also. We bicycle a lot - but flat cruiser bike rides on the beach - so it is good to know the difficulty is not too strenuous for us old folks.

Anyone else take this excursion?

We did the bike tour last week. We booked thru RCI and it was a very easy trip to the park via charter bus. The trail is not difficult, but it is fun to ride the bike thru the jungle instead of walking or riding a horse. The tour guides were very sweet and accomodating. After the hour or so bike ride (no watch for the entire cruise), we had a lunch of rice with beans, chicken, veggies and Belize beer ($2). We then had another hour until the bus ride back. If the weather had been nicer and we had known to bring our suits, there was a beautiful pool. If you are young and very active - you might find the difficulty of the trail disappointing. Since we were expecting bad weather that day - we felt we made the right choice for our excursion as opposed to snorkeling and cave tubing for that day.

just wondering if they offer or "make you" wear helmets. Also as far as swimsuits- would you wear one, or can you leave belongings on bus and come back and change? (assuming bus just sits and waits there). What facility is at end of tour? pool, manmade beach?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

http://tripatlas.com/guides/Central_America/1221/Jungle_biking_adventures_in_the_Belize_jungle

Hi there, I just found this article that has answers to some of the previous questions. We are looking into these excursions for our Norweigan cruise, but I think my husband will need to go biking by himself because we have a young son and the cruise line doesn't offer Kids Camp on the days we are on port... If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

We are thinking of taking the excursion to Bacab Jungle Park for my son and myself, and have my husband do the bike tour. They are both on Bacab Jungle park and at apparently, at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived