Will we have a ghost ship??

sweet_successes

Hi all

Only realised this afternoon when in the car that next Sunday is the NRL grand final. Came home and demanded to know what hubby would be doing next weekend - was told getting ready for dinner, drinking etc - that was until HE found out that Manly had made the final - oh well at least I'll have a few hours of quiet while the Casablanca Lounge will be a place to be avoided!!!

Rach

Hi Rach,

Not long left now.

AFL Grand Final during sailaway too. Geelong and Manly fans are coming out of the woodwork as they have had some quiet years. Must be 10 years since Manly were in a Grand Final :p

I wonder if they will make a special allowance for Footy Jumpers on formal night.

Cheers

Geoff

..... Must be 10 years since Manly were in a Grand Final :p

Cheers

Geoff

It certainly has been a while. I'm not really into footy but I was when I was younger and I was a Manly supporter. Have always had a soft spot for them andam glad they are there next week. DH & 2 sons are Eels supporters:p

Karen

Hubby grew up in Manly so is a die hard manly supporter - as soon as I told him he said that Manly haven't been in a grand final since 1996 - although he has promised me he won't watch both the ARL and NRL finals - oh well guess they'll be some happy and unhappy campers on the ship on Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah - not long now only 5 more days at work - yah!!!

Rach

Hubby grew up in Manly so is a die hard manly supporter - as soon as I told him he said that Manly haven't been in a grand final since 1996.....

Rach

As a die hards Knights fan, I can assure you, Rach, that Manly were in the grand final in 1997. Isn't that right Geoff? :D

The show lounge will be a place to avoid as well. On our cruise they showed the final on the big screen on the show lounge. The late dining people got pizzas even the stairs were full. It was also shown on the tv in the rooms. There was no getting away from it. But wow what an atmosphere

Archived