Mariner Promenade cabins

Majesty Fan

We did a PR cabin on the Explorer(same class)........it was kinda small,but it was neat to people watch........noise was never a problem......we were on deck 6.....

ONLY thing,dont forget to close your curtains while changing.........:p

I have done promenade cabins on Mariner and Explorer and I'm booked in a PR on Mariner in January. I LOVE them. I love to people watch, so I really enjoy curling up in the window and watching the world go by below.

Try to get a cabin toward the middle for the best view of the Promenade.

I have come to prefer them over an ocean view.

We have had PR rooms on Voyager and Adventure (same class ship) and really liked them. More reasonably priced than Ocean View rooms and sometimes more centrally located. Enjoyed the ""people watching" and they weren't noisy at all. Preferred the rooms that were located over the promenade more than the ones over the pursers/excursion desk. Much the same amount of room as an inside cabin except for the "window seat". Great for two. We had adjoining PR's when our kids were along. That cuts down on the room (because of the door) but it was really handy. The window cuts down on the "shut in feeling" from an inside cabin. We were on the six and seventh decks, the windows on the eighth deck look shorter and farther away from the "action".

dbb25

Promenade cabins are really neat. It's fun to "people watch" from your cabin.

One deciding factor is the extra cost. Would a promenade cabin be worth an extra $700 (from the cost of an inside) on a seven night cruise?

Not for me, but that's a decision you would ahve to make.

Archived