Orlando to Port Canaveral Best Way?

Big Spanker

Will be booking a cruise From Port Canaveral with the best air fare to orlando. Suggestions for transportation from Orlando to the Port and how much? Should we rent a car? 4 adults. If it is to much we may book Tampa or Fort Lauderdale cruise instead, but airfare to orlando is very reasonable. Thanks in advance

windowsr4me

:)

Several car rental firms have offices at MCO and Cape Canaveral. When you get to the Cape, the rental firms provide a free shuttle to the port itself. Drive is long [and bring some money for tolls]. Pretty much a "straight shot"...you stay on the same road 99% of your trip. Further details can be found on the East Coast Departure board.

It is about a 45 minute drive and a straight shot on the Beachline (a toll highway).

Renting a car is a good option. Cocoa Beach Shuttle offers service from the Orlando airport to Cocoa Beach. Check out cbshuttle dot com. It looks like $75 for 4 people each way.

MAC

We used car rental from airport to the port. Of course we arrived a day early and did some sightseeing and post cruise our flight wasn't until 6pm so we also did some sightseeing that day.

I found a hint on this board to go to www.mousesavers.com and go to their disney cruise area and you will find advise and tips (and coupon codes for rental agencies) for getting from the airport to the port. You can also get hints on pre and post cruise hotels. (of course they are talking disney...but it is the same port as Carnival). I have used the great coupon codes on that site for car rental which saved tons!!

Good luck and enjoy!

Rent a car, it will be much cheaper. Also, as others have said, have change for tolls, and plenty of it. They getcha in Florida.;)

What are you talking about?

I live here and that is false. From MCO (Orlando airport) there is one toll booth and that is $1.25 and that leads all the way to the port.

OP,rent a car from Priceline for under $30 and drive the one road all the way there for about 45 minutes and thats it.Any questions just ask,I am a local who just moved from Cocoa beach.

We were staying at the Radisson - and booked a car through Avis. Made it really convienient because there's an Avis office right at the Radisson. We took the Avis shuttle to the port.

Radisson also offers a free shuttle.

Archived