Kids and formal night

awesomemamma

How much do the kids dress up for formal night? What about teens? Do they all usually like to stay away from the dining room on formal nights?

thanks!

It depends on the kids, as to if they want to go to formal night dinner.

We have 1 who will not miss it and 1 who cannot stand it. If they are attending, they are supposed to observe the adult dress code.

Hope this helps some.

Mine will be 16 months when we cruise. What have you guys seen toddlers wear?

When mine were toddlers, we did little shirt and tie outfits on them. Looked adorable. We moved to lil tux's at age 4 or so.

Now, the 7 and 6 yr olds don;t want to eat in the dining room at all. They are all about eating at camp carnival.

My 4 year old did some modeling for a local boutique around the corner from our house... they specialize in childrens formal wear (for weddings, christenings, ect.) and instead of paying us in cash, my daughter was able to pick out one of their party dresses to bring home with us. It was her first time modeling (and she was a natural!!) and she was THRILLED with the dress she picked out.

That's what she's going to be wearing... her party dress (very fancy!) and the tiara that she was photo'd with... she's a very girlie girl and loves to dress up in pretty things more than anything.

We bought tuxes for our two boys (3 and 4) for the family cruise we have coming up. DW loves having the formal pictures taken with everyone dressed to the nines. Our DD (11) loves formal night. That is the one time we don't have to fight her to have dinner with us instead of her friends in Camp Carnival.

It's worth it........

2260291500089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2383846100089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2978755610089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Just ordered the boys Tux's for our Oct Miracle..........the boys, my dad, and I will all be in traditional black tux's, with black satin vest and bowtie.

E-Bay....all the way!!

Love it! Enjoy your memories:)

Your kids can also attend dinner with Camp Carnival along with a little "formal party" they throw, if they don't want to get dressed up. My kids chose to do this on our cruise this month, and they had a great time, and it was NICE to attend the Captains Cocktail Party and dinner alone with dh!

I have 3 boys. Last summer we were on the Liberty in Europe. My husband wore a tuxedo, but the boys (ages 16, 14 and 12) wore khaki pants, dress shirt and a tie. They looked terrific and fit in nicely. They don't own a suit, and buying them one for a cruise is wasteful since teens don't have occassions to wear suits at home. This summer we were on a 5 day Holiday cruise and my 17 year old did wear a tie, but my other 2 wore a nice polo shirt with khaki's. Seems like the 5 day cruises are much more casual and they fit in without problems.

Julie

The great thing about formal night is you get to play dress up! In our "regular" lives, my family never has a chance to put on fancy clothes. But on a cruise you get to "sparkle" for one or two nights.

My pre-teen boys usually wear khakis, a button down shirt and tie for fomal night. This is big for them because they're usually in a football jersey and sporty shorts everyday. So you don't have to do the tuxedo, but you should make special.

The great thing about formal night is you get to play dress up! In our "regular" lives, my family never has a chance to put on fancy clothes. But on a cruise you get to "sparkle" for one or two nights.

My pre-teen boys usually wear khakis, a button down shirt and tie for fomal night. This is big for them because they're usually in a football jersey and sporty shorts everyday. So you don't have to do the tuxedo, but you should make special.

You do know a jacket is required for the boys.

You do know a jacket is required for the boys.

It may be "strongly encouraged" but it is certainly not required, no matter what the paperwork says. At least 25% of men on formal night on my Fantasy cruise last month did NOT have jackets on in the dining room. Some men had dress shirts with ties, some had dress shirts with no tie, and a few wore polo shirts. None of them were turned away. I did see a woman in jeans get turned away at the entrance to the dining room that night, though, while men without jackets walked right in with no problem.

, no matter what the paperwork says. .

So this is what? Adjust the dress code to suit own personal reasons? I personally would like to see shorts allowed and formal done away with all together.

Do you think a US military uniform being worn on a Panamanian registered vessel is acceptable when no sanctioned function is present?

I am lucky enough that my 4 year old has a cousin who hands down 3 piece suits all the time (he goes to a very formal church) so my little man will wear one of those. I also suggest Ebay and if you have them in your area, children consignment shops are wonderful. Most of my children's clothing come from there since they all look brand new and are a quarter of the cost new. (In case you missed it I am the frugal queen)

So this is what? Adjust the dress code to suit own personal reasons? I personally would like to see shorts allowed and formal done away with all together.

Do you think a US military uniform being worn on a Panamanian registered vessel is acceptable when no sanctioned function is present?

Hey, all I'm doing is reporting what I witnessed. Had jackets truly been "Required", a fourth of the men in the Jubilee dining room first seating would have been denied entry. They were allowed in, which means that for all intents and purposed, jackets were not required. It might have been in good taste for those men to wear jackets. It might have been the polite thing to do. But it wasn't required.

I have no opinion on the military uniform situation - I don't know anyone in the military, and I'm not familiar with the rules - so I won't comment on that one way or the other.

You'll always have people who think it's ok to dress their own way. Why call it formal night? Why not call it dress any way you choose, including wear your bathing suit? Who cares about rules? :rolleyes:

The bathing suit people will tell you THEY did it, so it must be right. Who are you to tell them how to dress on THEIR vacation. geez!

Archived