kids camp question?

kingtns

I'm sailing on the Gem in March...my daughter is 8 & my friends son is 10, they are good friends & want to be in camp together however the camps ages are 6-9 & 10-12...can her 10 yr. old go down a level to my daughters age group??

Thanks,

Susan

NCL plays strictly by the rules. Even if you lie about an age they go by the passports. They do not budge on it even. I have 2 that will be seperated this cruise and I am worried about it too. I do not know why they are so strict though. Maybe for age appropriate material in the club so they do not get bored.

NCL plays strictly by the rules. Even if you lie about an age they go by the passports. They do not budge on it even. I have 2 that will be seperated this cruise and I am worried about it too. I do not know why they are so strict though. Maybe for age appropriate material in the club so they do not get bored.

This is fact.. They are very strict about age seperation. I too have an 8 & 10 . They let us put them together once 2 years ago . Since then not a chance. But they still love it ..And now I think its better that they do thier own thing..:D

MPK

Do they actually make you SHOW the passports?

That's crazy. Disney does it the right way! They should take a lesson.

No, you do not show the passports. You fill out the paperwork, which they verify against the ship's records.

When we were on the Dream last December, there was some crossover, but I'm certain that it was due to the small number of children on the ship. So, it may just depend on something like that. We actually met a family on our roll call with a daughter a year older than ours, though, and they ended up just hanging out for most of the cruise.

This next cruise we're taking will be our first on a bigger, newer ship that was designed with a kid's area. Do they segregate the groups? We've seen some pictures of what the Star's areas look like - is it just during activities that the groups are divided, or are there specific times when each age group is allowed to play in designated areas? Sorry if I'm being confusing, I hope people understand what I'm asking here! :p

Last summer, my daughter and neice were allowed to go down a group level to be with their siblings and cousins. They said there was no problem going down a level, just not up a level. This was on the very kid crowded Spirit. Doesnt hurt to ask. My kids loved the program and hated to leave for meals. They met the Captain, colored shirts, had cookies, etc

We had the same concern as our kids are 7 and 10, which means different groups...we are currently ON the Star...and we were pleasantly surprised that the kids club here is 6-12 in one group. Worked perfect for us. All the paperwork had said 10+ in a different group???

I sure hope this cruise isn't strict, the 10 yr. old wants to go down to my 8 yr. olds group...if they don't let us I guess no camp for me this year as we won't seperate them since this was set up with our families because all the kids are best friends. How about the group babysitting at 10pm...do they also seperate the age groups, that's when we really want it so we can hang out adults only...thanks!!

Archived