Breath of Curacao

Bouff

There are many positive references to Curacao Actief on this board.

My wife and I are not very active types but are keen to see this Island. I was wondering whether there was anyone who had experienced the Breath of Curacao tour which seems to cover most of the island.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

My DH cannot walk fast or for long distances, but he still wanted to see as much of Curacao as possible. So, we talked with Curacao-Actief and arranged a "private" tour. This way we can go as fast or slow as we like. The tour we lined up looks like this

8:30 Pick up at pier

8:40 Birds Eye View from Julianan Bridge

8:50 Chobolobo

10:00 Hato Caves

11:45 Boka Tabla, Boak Pistol and viewpoint (snacks along the way)

13:15 Kalki snorkel

14:30 Lunch

16:00 drop off at ship

Maybe you should contact them and arrange a schedule/tour to fit your desires. It is a little more expensive than if you take their group tours, but we always consider the enjoyment of not being rushed or holding up others worth the little extra cost. We are doing our tour with them the end of November. I can give you a review when we return if you haven't already taken your cruise.

Thanks, Mrs 007 for the information about Curacao - Actief. Your description of you and your DH sounds like us!! We want to see as much as we can but 'the minds are willing and the bodies are weak'!!

I think I will contact them for information. I will try and google for a website address!

Dot

Hi AuntDot. If you haven't found them yet, the web address is http://www.curacao-actief.com They were very helpful. At first, we were not thinking of the snorkel, but then decided maybe we should do a little snorkeling. The Hato Caves give tours at designated times, and the drive to Boka Tabla is around 45 minutes, so Anite at Curacao-Actief suggested an itinerary to fit in all the places we wanted to see and made some suggestions for lunch. You can always go back to the ship to eat, but we wanted to try some local delicacies.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

My DH cannot walk fast or for long distances, but he still wanted to see as much of Curacao as possible. So, we talked with Curacao-Actief and arranged a "private" tour. This way we can go as fast or slow as we like. The tour we lined up looks like this

8:30 Pick up at pier

8:40 Birds Eye View from Julianan Bridge

8:50 Chobolobo

10:00 Hato Caves

11:45 Boka Tabla, Boak Pistol and viewpoint (snacks along the way)

13:15 Kalki snorkel

14:30 Lunch

16:00 drop off at ship

Maybe you should contact them and arrange a schedule/tour to fit your desires. It is a little more expensive than if you take their group tours, but we always consider the enjoyment of not being rushed or holding up others worth the little extra cost. We are doing our tour with them the end of November. I can give you a review when we return if you haven't already taken your cruise.

Please, we hope you do provide a review! It is so helpful to hear from others!

• 1 month later...

Hi all. The review is coming. Just give me a day or 2. I have been uploading pics and organizing thoughts. We had a wonderful time and I took WAY too many pictures!!!

I'll tell you all about it soon.

Our guide was Kim and she was very sweet. She was very flexible to our needs and desires. We seemed to be the first people at the sites we visited. Don't know if this was planned or just a coincidence. At the Hato Cave, I actually got a real private tour - no one else was in the caves, just me and the guide!!! DH couldn't climb the 49 steps (carved out of the hillside), so Kim stayed behind with him at the refreshment area.

As far as Boka Tabla and Boka Pistol, I could have sat there for hours and watch the sea crashing in. There is a snack shack at the entrance to Boka Tabla with some picnic tables, but the area around both Boka Tabla and Boka Pistol are full sun. At Boka Pistol, there are 2 benches, but they are not close up to the action ;), and only 1 bench that I recall at Boka Tabla.

One piece of information though. The roads in Curacao have A LOT of POT HOLES!! Since we were on a rough sailboat ride the day before in Aruba, the jarring of the potholes was really getting to my husband. Kim did her best to avoid them, but the roads in the country are narrow and, did I mention - there are A LOT of POTHOLES!!! The vehicle Kim had was a pretty new truck - the type with a back seat.

Because my husband was not feeling his best, he asked if we could skip the snorkel we had set up as part of our tour. Kim said NO PROBLEM and then told us of a little cheese boutique that had just opened by 2 gentlemen from Holland (they make their own cheese ) This was a good option for us.

Here is a link to my photos. The first 3 pages have pictures from our tour on Curacao. We would highly recommend Curacao-Actief.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561702128elspQf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived