Photoshop Elements 6.0

Arubalisa

Anyone upgrade to 6.0 yet? Any new features to warrant an upgrade?

How is the compatibility with Vista? I have tried unsuccessfully to use the plug in for Vista with 5.0 and have resorted to using my other computers for Photoshop which still have XP.

Am ordering it this week. Upgrade supports Camera Raw for my new A700 and program now supports 16 bit files.

I use Photoshop CS2 now, but the feature set in PE6 has put my plans for upgrading to CS3 on hold.

Yes it works with Vista.

Dave

Elements 6.0? Why wasn't I informed :mad: ?

FYI, 5.0 does RAW, at least with my Canon 20D.

I can't get it to do RAW with my 40D. I downloaded a patch for it, but it didn't seem to work. I need to find it again and read the instructions more carefully.

My current plan is going to the dark side in late 2008 and getting Aperture when I make the switch.

I can't get it to do RAW with my 40D. I downloaded a patch for it, but it didn't seem to work. I need to find it again and read the instructions more carefully.

My current plan is going to the dark side in late 2008 and getting Aperture when I make the switch.

ACR version 4.2 supposedly supports the 40D:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

If you get the DNG converter with it, you can convert your RAW to DNG format. I have used it with my A700 to get RAW files into CS2.

Dave

ACR version 4.2 supposedly supports the 40D:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

If you get the DNG converter with it, you can convert your RAW to DNG format. I have used it with my A700 to get RAW files into CS2.

Dave

That's what I downloaded. But you see, that whole "rtfm" thing got me. lol Now I see what I did wrong.

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 4.

I skipped those 2 steps (because I didn't know about them from my lack of reading.)

I'm totally new to RAW though and don't hardly know what to do with a RAW file. I've got a book on order so hopefully I'll learn something. I took a few pictures with the RAW+JPG setting and I could see more sharpness in the RAW. So I figure I need to learn it and start using it.

Archived