Seattle Motels Near Water Front?

J Star

We will be in Seattle the day before our cruise on July 6 and then for a few days post cruise, July 13-15 2008 and I was wondering where the best place, motel, to stay would be.

I read that the Tall Ships event, not sure what this is, in Tacoma 4th of July weekend is something to see....so it might be worth getting a motel down that way for the pre cruise day, July 5, and then for the post cruise we would like to stay near the water front area.

Can anyone recommend an in expensive motel near the Water Front area or Tacoma. We don't need anything fancy as long as it's clean & safe.

Thanks,

John

You are out of luck in both areas. Seattle only has one motel on the waterfront. that is the Edgewater Inn. In fact it is on the pier next to the ship. Pier 67. The rest of the accomodations near the waterfront are hotels, which are not very cheap. Very little view of the waterfront. Tacoma will be host to the Tall ships this year on the July 4th weekend. There are no hotels or motels that will have viewing access to the ships that I know of. Most of the hotels, have no viewing of anything. Most of the motels line Intersate 5. With the view of strip malls and the freeway. :)

The Marriott Waterfront is directly across the street from Pier 66 which is used by Celebrity and NCL. It is very expensive like the Edgewater (the night I looked the Edgewater was running at around $400 a night, the Marriott is less but still close to $300), but it does offer a family cruise package including breakfast and transportation to the port. If you are sailing HAL or RCCL then you will be sailing from Pier 30 which is not near anything.

If you want inexpensive you are going to have to go away from the waterfront.

Archived