Toddler wear for dinner in dining room?

We are going on the Carnival Sensation with our 2 toddlers and I know the dress code states no shorts, but does that include toddlers? i was planning on them wearing pants for formal night, but was going to keep them in their clothes they wore for the day (shorts) for dinner. If that isnt allowed, I guess I can pack another pair of pants and just change them from shorts to pants every night. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Shorts outfits will be fine for toddlers, but to be honest, and not knowing your toddlers, I'm not so sure it would be the best idea to have them wear the same clothing to dinner in the formal restaurant that they wore all day long. Knowing toddlers, they do tend to get a little messy and dirty, not to mention running around all day in the warm weather. You might want to consider bringing a couple of pairs of long pants for them with nice tops.

What, you're not putting them in tuxedos for formal night? Last cruise we were on, one couple had their toddler as well as a babe in arms in tuxedoes. Really, your toddlers will be fine in whatever you dress them in so don't worry.:) If you want to cut down on clothes, why not consider the laundry services available? The fees are quite reasonable. A few dollars might be worth less packing.

Hello,

You and your DH are in for a wonderful family remembrance as there is very little as nice, as seeing little kids dressed up and going into the dining room on formal nights. A pair of pants and a shirt will be fine for them.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

You might check, but I think the Sensation might have some laundry rooms so you might be able to do a quick load or two instead of using the laundry service.

I personally love the laundry service but I also try to avoid doing laundry at home.:p

What, you're not putting them in tuxedos for formal night? Last cruise we were on, one couple had their toddler as well as a babe in arms in tuxedoes. Really, your toddlers will be fine in whatever you dress them in so don't worry.:) If you want to cut down on clothes, why not consider the laundry services available? The fees are quite reasonable. A few dollars might be worth less packing.

i was thinking the same thing LOL...tails perhaps?? white tie??? ( i was kidding but that must have been cute on your last cruise!)

i was thinking the same thing LOL...tails perhaps?? white tie??? ( i was kidding but that must have been cute on your last cruise!)

Cuter than cute, so sorry I didn't take a picture. The "big sister" who was probably 6 had on long dresses. The family sat next to us in the dining room and the children were perfectly behaved every night.:)

Back in the 'old' days my boys wore Eaton Suits to church and holidays. These are Navy blue suits for toddlers. There is a suit jacket and short pants. They wore a white shirt sometimes with a tie, navy knee socks and real shoes or red sandles. They could not have been more dressed up and did they ever look 'cute'. Have no idea if Eaton suits are still around. People are SO much more casual now!

I'm sure they will not be turned away from the dining room no mater what they wear.

Archived