Cunard memorabilia, what have you kept?

Beachmad

Previous to a comment made by Malcolm, I wondered if like me anyone (probably all of you :D) has kept all of their 'stuff' from their Cunard trip/s.

Wonder how trivial we could go, I'll start.

Ive kept... the little ticket you get when disembarking :o

Your turn now, also what do you keep your Cunardaria in?

Kept in... a lilic folder with everything in clear pockets.

(Mad) Mag

(According to HS)

I've got the Mauretania and Aquitania

(and we are only at post#2)

David

I have the Carpathia.

Well, in 1:1200......

I keep all daily menus, programmes and the ilk. I ditch the newspapers and rubbish from the Spa.

I have the leaflets on the Bridge and Engine Room that one can pick up from the Purser (QE2) or bridge observation area (QM2)

I have an embarkation photo from every trip....

I keep a stock of priority disembarkation cards - just in case. I think I have the odd tender priority ticket too!

Oh, and all the personalised stationery that we've had.

Matthew

Previous to a comment made by Malcolm, I wondered if like me anyone (probably all of you :D) has kept all of their 'stuff' from their Cunard trip/s.

Everything I could get my hands on:D

Wonder how trivial we could go, I'll start.

Ive kept... the little ticket you get when disembarking :o

yep, got a couple of those:D

Your turn now, also what do you keep your Cunardaria in?

Kept in... a lilic folder with everything in clear pockets.

(Mad) Mag

(According to HS)

I just to use the photo albums, but since going digital, not started any new ones, so now its plastic carrier bags - preferably ones from the cruise (e.g. the Athens cruise is in a Greek carrier bag). I recently bought plastic pockets to put it all in, and then realised it won't all fit - the menus cause much of the problem, just too big! :D (The 'you crossed the Arctic Circle at ...' certificate is a bit big as well)

I will have to give more thought to the oddest or most trivial item....

Karen

Is it from the Caronia???

Cogratulations sir, you win a coconut. Collect it when you next pass "Go".

It fell into my posession prior to Caronia arriving into Southampton for the final time.

I didn't think Saga would use it.

David

I keep daily programs, the sightseeing info they distribute for ports, newspapers, embarkation card (now the pastic things with hideous photos), invitations to special things, like wardroom party. I have kept reset-your-clock cards and wrappers from the Varda chocolates. If we're traveling with friends or my parents, I keep the notes slipped under my door ("Chart Room at 6:30?") I do NOT keep spa announcements, invitations to the art auctions, etc.

We always buy one (sometimes more) photo taken on board, generally a formal, sometimes an embarkation. And I take tons of photos, as well as keep a journal.

I think I still have my crown from a Christmas cracker.

Like Karen, I tend to keep my treasures in carrier bags. I hadn't thought about it until she mentioned that she uses bags from a port on the cruise. I do that too--it's how they come home and they stay there. Of course, I have great intentions concerning photo albums... Also intentions of doing nifty collages...

My husband has a waiter's 'gorgette' style tie. He wanted one, and the waiter said that if my husband 'lost' a little money in the dining room, he just might 'lose' a tie and leave it at the table. I have a crew world cruise T-shirt, courtesy of another waiter. And yes, there are various plates and such that jumped into my suitcase when I wasn't looking.

Kathy

Except for a couple gifts, all of mine have been purchased:

Tee shirts from the inaugrual year

Large framed art of the QM2 by Flood

Shirts with a collar

Windbreakers

Tea server

Heavy Cunard towels

Book mark

Key Chains

Magnets

Creamer

Pictorial magazine ordered from UK

DVD of ship

Menus

Daily Programs

Boarding Cards

Post Cards

Postal rememberances stamped

2008 Crew around the world caps & lanyards

Cunard tie

Cunard scarf

I kept some sugar packets, just 'cause they have the Cunard logo on them. Still have sugar in them, too!

Steve L.

I have a pair of sugar packets! I keep them in the little wallet you get for your card, in case of emergency, such as, there's no sugar in the office kitchen for the tea....

We have all the Daily Programmes, the personalised stationary, the pen from the desk, little notepad, a packet of menus signed by our waitstaff, the little puffy thing you scrub with when you bathe/shower, a couple of bottles of lotion, a QM2 magnet, a sweatshirt, a keychain...that's all I can think of right now.

I feel the need to clarify - when I said everything, I meant everything interesting,LOL.

I, too, discard the art auction, spa treatment of the day leaflets and newspapers. I have to admit did keep the newspapers from the first few, but as the carrier bags don't actually have a home other than - 'somewhere in the lounge' (behind a chair, If I am lucky & can find enough space behind there) - and the number of carrier bas grew, the news papers have had to go!

I have coasters, paper serviettes and a cocktail twizzler thingy.

I did have a Caronia Cunard chocolate, but that has disappeared:( .

Still trying to think of the most trivial item, without resorting to actually checking (which is why the carrier bags don't have a proper home :D)

Karen

Archived