Cunard memorabilia, what have you kept?

Beachmad

We have a marvellous item from the QE2, but the story can't be told for a while yet.:D No, we weren't the ones who took the awful stairwell clocks on the 40th Anniversary Cruise.

Of course we have some bits that seem to have just appeared in our suitcase like an ashtray and a couple of glasses.:rolleyes: No idea how they got there of course.

I still have the disembarkation tag from last time, I keep it on Leo's nursery bag because it has his name on it! Also have some matchbooks.

So far then in the trivia stakes we have...

Sugar packets (with sugar)...........SSl, Wadadli1 and Beachmad

Cocktail twizzler thingy............ KarenR_UK and Wadadli1

Disembarkation tag.......... Lexxity and KarenR_UK and minself

Coasters (paper ones?)..................KarenR_UK and Beachmad

Shop (Ships) receipts anyone?.......... Beachmad :o

You can also add me to the Disembarkation tag. It's with my sugar packets. :)

but of course - one just made its way from bedroom to lounge floor to carrier bag just this afternoon - a short shopping spree in the book shop of all places on the last sea day.

I bought a QE2 badge, a QE2 pencil, a QE2 postcard and a note book, which unfortunately had no nautical connection, but I wanted a new one:D

Up until 3 hrs ago I could tell you what i spent, but that would mean getting it back out of the carrier bag:D

On P+O you get a receipt for everything you sign for - I have drawerfulls on the last day - I now throw them away on the last day, but I can't be sure some didn't make it off the ship:D (its nice to have a few to remind you of

1. how late you kept the bar open
  2. the names of the people who served you

Karen

My house is slowly closing in on me - there are boxes of Cunard Memorabilia from 25 years of cruising - every piece of paper, daily prog, menu, soaps, sugars, cocktail sticks and anything with a Cunard logo. In addition, it's become quite a passion buying on that famous website. On the recent 40th Anniversary Cruise it was clear some folks were after a special keepsake. That bell on deck 3 was so appealing! ;)

My house is slowly closing in on me - there are boxes of Cunard Memorabilia from 25 years of cruising - every piece of paper, daily prog, menu, soaps, sugars, cocktail sticks and anything with a Cunard logo. In addition, it's become quite a passion buying on that famous website. On the recent 40th Anniversary Cruise it was clear some folks were after a special keepsake. That bell on deck 3 was so appealing! ;)

Honestly, you, sir, are beginning to sound like a keepsake! Lock your door! :p

ok, a few more from memory

restaurant card / map

The "your cabin steward/ess is xxx" card

blank laundry list

blank breakfast / room service door thingy

the shower cap:eek:

Karen

Shower cap? Really? You didn't use it then.....:D

but as the carrier bags don't actually have a home other than - 'somewhere in the lounge' (behind a chair, If I am lucky & can find enough space behind there) -

Karen

Aaack! Karen, you just described my office!!!! :eek: Actually, the Svalbard bag from last summer's cruise is next to the armchair, hasn't been moved behind it yet.

I keep the dreaded end-of-cruise onboard account pages. I take home the paper napkins/serviettes, but I actually use those when we have drinks with our cruising friends. I think I have a few of those paper coasters somewhere, too.

I don't think I've ever taken home the sugar packets, but I have a nice little cream pitcher from QM2 (bought on that auction site, so I don't know if that counts).

And, of course, I take the pens. I met a passenger who had been on Cunard many times. He couldn't recall how many, but said if he wanted to know, he could look in his desk and count the pens--one from each cruise.

I went on a local house tour recently, and one of the homes belonged to world travelers with sticky fingers. The guest room door had about a dozen do not disturb signs from all sorts of hotels. So that makes me wonder--does anyone have a Cunard do-not-disturb sign? I don't, but I might have one by Christmas...

Kathy

I have all these things too!

We had our eye on the clocks during our cruise this year :D

So that makes me wonder--does anyone have a Cunard do-not-disturb sign? I don't, but I might have one by Christmas...

Kathy

I have one from QE2; must have fallen into my suitcase;). It hangs on the outside of Sir Martin's boudoir, and every morning he turns it to the side saying 'please make up room' and swans off for breakfast.

I have the room service breakfast door hangers, not that it seems to work at home.

Also the accounts page otherwise known as "oh god, it's the bar bill!" :D

Also have a shower cap, one is indeed enough onboard so the other always comes home with me. I really want a dressing gown off the QM2, but I know that if you get found out they hammer you with a massive charge. Obvioulsy I need to be more cunning with that.:D :p

One more thing, I have a coaster from the Golden Lion on the QM2 and plenty of (paper) napkins and cocktail swizzlers, not sure how I picked those up because I don't drink swizzler cocktails, I must have just taken a handful from the bar one day. I have the slippers off the QM2 too, love those, they are great for pottering around in.

I have Stuart Crystal glasses with receipts. The first cost me $39. It was purchased on the final transatlantic voyage of the Queen Elizabeth and has 1940-1968 plus her picture and name. The second glass is one I purchased on the maiden transatlantic voyage from New York of the QE2. It has her picture, name and January 1969. The third is QM2, again with picture, name and January 2004. The shock is that I had to pay $199 on board for this one. Quite a hike from the $39 of my original glass. I do hope they do a Stuart Crystal glass of the QE2 for her final voyage. I would love to add it to my collection but I shudder at the price it will probably cost.

As for free items, I have collected just about all that the above posters have. I have every passage ticket from every Cunard voyage I've taken since 1967. The Cunard slippers are gathering for use in my old age.

perhaps the oddest thing I consider Cunard memorabilia is a cross-stitch kit I bought on board Caronia (my first Cunard cruise - in fact my first cruise:D )

It's not even of the ship or even Cunard or nautically themed - I saw it at the 'stitching meet' with 'hostess Johanna' and just liked it, so bought it - and now every time I see it, it reminds me of that cruise:D there is even a picture (pre digital) of the completed project in the related photo album:rolleyes:

Looks like I will have to get a 'do not disturb' sign next trip - to remind me of the last trip when I put it out by mistake, so missed out on the chocolate that night:( (had to turn down my own bed as well:eek: )

Karen

Except for a couple gifts, all of mine have been purchased:

Tee shirts from the inaugrual year

Large framed art of the QM2 by Flood

Shirts with a collar

Windbreakers

Tea server

Heavy Cunard towels

Book mark

Key Chains

Magnets

Creamer

Pictorial magazine ordered from UK

DVD of ship

Menus

Daily Programs

Boarding Cards

Post Cards

Postal rememberances stamped

2007 Crew around the world caps & lanyards

Cunard tie

Cunard scarf

Forgot a couple things, a large red, wheeled duffle bag, Playing cards,

a tote bag won with points, a photo album and the QM2 book from the cabin, Birth of a Legend book by Plisson and First call yellow tee shirt from St Lucia.

Not that I am obsessive of this ship! :eek: LOL

I have Stuart Crystal glasses with receipts. The first cost me $39. It was purchased on the final transatlantic voyage of the Queen Elizabeth and has 1940-1968 plus her picture and name. The second glass is one I purchased on the maiden transatlantic voyage from New York of the QE2. It has her picture, name and January 1969. The third is QM2, again with picture, name and January 2004. The shock is that I had to pay $199 on board for this one. Quite a hike from the $39 of my original glass. I do hope they do a Stuart Crystal glass of the QE2 for her final voyage. I would love to add it to my collection but I shudder at the price it will probably cost.

As for free items, I have collected just about all that the above posters have. I have every passage ticket from every Cunard voyage I've taken since 1967. The Cunard slippers are gathering for use in my old age.

Recently such Crystal items sold for around £125. I have two QE2 maiden voyage silver medalions and one which was produced around the time of the launch - each worth around £250 each. In addition, I have a few original QE2 Officers' car badges and a silver Ward Room Officers pint mug inscribed. Don't let go of any items - they'll be worth loads more after Nov 2008 - I would never sell!

Maybe see you Nov 08!

QV Maiden eastbound Tandem with QE2 6 Jan 08

QM2 Caribbean 13 Jan 08 (3 Queens 13 Jan 08 NY)

QV Baltic 18 July 08 (meets QE2 in Zebrugge and QM2 in Southampton)

QE2 Voyage to Dubai 11 Nov 08

hoping for something wonderful to come up.

I have a QE2 teaspoon that I purchased in England long ago. Likely in a souvenir shop. Have moved too many times to have anything else.

Please post if you see something wonderful for sale via the internet.

In addition to all the usual keepsakes I also have the medallion referred to by Cunarder Man. Also QE2 ashtrays and the very nice large towels from 1969. Back then the ashtrays had Cunard and QE2 in Cunard red. The towels were woven with Cunard and the lion. Not long after, all such stuff lost the logos. Must have emigrated. Do you think the Coppers are making a list from this thread?

Jim.

I've got all this stuff too except the sugar. I also have pillow chocolates going back to 1998 ( in the fridge). Menu's, programs, soap ,shampoo ( can't wait to get some more Canyon Ranch shampoo). I have my Christmas cracker crown as well. Etc etc.

I have wonderful memories, of the Queen Elizabeth 2, Queen Mary 2, travelling with my wonderful wife and last (but not least) all the friends on board, both real and virtual.

No-one can, fortunately, part me from these.

But I've a fair few of the corporeal items mentioned as well!

Matthew

I have wonderful memories, of the Queen Elizabeth 2, Queen Mary 2, travelling with my wonderful wife and last (but not least) all the friends on board, both real and virtual.

No-one can, fortunately, part me from these.

But I've a fair few of the corporeal items mentioned as well!

Matthew

Well said Matthew. As usual.

Ditto

Denise

Archived