ecstacy in February....HELP!

caro1998

I was hoping to get some advice, info etc...I am thinking about booking a 5 day cruise in feb (Feb 21st to be exact) out of TX - two questions: I have only been on the newer ships- ones with balconies..how is the ecstacy? Will I be diappointed after being on the newer ships? Are there the same amenanities? Question number two: has anyone cruised in February? What is the weather like in Mexico that time of year- 70's or 80's? Are there many kids this time of the year on the ships? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Hey Carol, can't help now because we are going on the same ship Dec 4th,e-mail me at Scol300102@aol.com and I'll let you know when I get back if this helps I am anxious too but am hearing that it will be in drydock before comming to Galveston would think there wouldn't be many kids this time of year hope we don't see alot willbe before all the schools let out for Xmas and after Thanksgiving ,our last cruise was in March very very full of kids

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving on the 12th on her out of Galveston. Last year in Feb, on Celebration, we had a cold snap....we wore winter jackets to anf from the port. First day was cool, but by next morning it was lovely. I did ,however, pack a light jacket { for the dining room and theater---always freezing summer or winter} and a few light weight sweaters for evening in the clubs. Once in Coz, and Calica, it was all shorts, swimwear.

I think you need to watch the weather in Texas and play accordingly from that when you pack..or hollar at me...I'll be back from Ecastasy by the time you go,,christhree@aol.com {Identify as CC, or it may get tossed}

Have a safe trip to the Lone Star State, relax...you'll love the cruise.Enjoy !

We've cruised on this class of ship before (Sensation) and found it to be fine. The decor did bother us - lots of neon - maybe they've toned it down or it's not so bad on Ectasy. However, realize that though the ship does have some balconies, they're only in suite categories and there are only 52 of them on the whole ship.

We did a 5-day cruise on the Jubilee out of Galveston in March '03 - the ship is smaller, pretty run-down and there were tons of kids on it because of Spring Break (which in Texas occurs mid-March). However, dining room service and food were wonderful (buffet food was not). And, we had a great time in Cozumel and Calica and overall, really enjoyed the cruise.

I think you can have a good time on this cruise - it's a bigger, newer ship (than the Jubilee) and from the reviews I've read, has good service and food. And, the ports are fun. We're also looking at doing the same 5-day cruise on Feb. 7th.

....Question number two: has anyone cruised in February? What is the weather like in Mexico that time of year- 70's or 80's? Are there many kids this time of the year on the ships? Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...

I can't answer all your questions but CAN tell you about February crusing. DH and I are from Pennsylvania--when we got to Florida for our Sensation cruise in February '04, the Floridians were complaining about the "cold". High temps were in the mid-50s the day we boarded....and yes, once the ship was underway, it was chilly. But those of us who hail from the great white north (can you say "lake-effect snow"?) weren't all that uncomfortable. We wore windbreakers on deck--and actually laughed to ourselves at the southerners who were dressed like Eskimos. Although I remember some Canadians beside us at sailaway b****ing and whining about the "freezing" weather. LOL DH and I looked at one another and said, loudly enough for them to hear (passive-aggressive, I know! :( ), "This is sooooooooo much better than the 15 degrees and umpteen inches of snow we left behind!"

By day two (sea day), we were in short-sleeved t-shirts and jeans. Wasn't quite warm enough for shorts when we were on deck, but it also wasn't sweater weather. Day three was Grand Cayman: shorts and t-shirts. Day four: Cozumel, 90+ degrees. The last sea day was also shorts and t-shirts/swimsuit weather. For our very last day, we dressed more warmly but then we knew that, as soon as we disembarked, we'd start driving and wouldn't stop until we were in a part of the country that demanded sweaters/jackets, etc.

We also cruised during Presidents' Day....but it's only a single day off and I don't think many folks take their kids out of school for the rest of that week. I know that there weren't many of them on our ship.

:) sha308...noticed that you will be on the Dec. 4th sailing of the Ecstasy. I will too, as well as DH.....Fighterone and her DH Zoomer. Would love to meet up with you if possible. We have a thread started on the Roll Call board if you'd like to join us! It promises to be a blast!

Cat. 11 and 12 have balconies on the Ecstasy. My family and I will be onboard 12/13/04. My DH and I are going with the 12 and Mom is taking cat. 11. The 12s are mid ship but the 11s are forward (on another deck). I decided on the 12 vs the 11 because of it's location (midship) and the fact that it has a whirlpool tub and the 11 doesn't. If the 11s where on a lower deck and midship, I would have taken that category.

Last May, I happened to meet the persons staying in our cabin on the sailing before ours on this board....They left us 4 drink tokens in the Bible {previously arranged to leave a note of what they did, fun, etc} What a wonderful way to start a cruise !!

I'm leaving 2/12, E138...anyone going after me in that cabin????

Ya'll have FUN!

I've sailed the Ecstasy 3 times each with a demi-suite, Category 11, on the Verandah deck. The balcony is only 30 square feet, but holds two chairs and a small table. I prefer it to the balcony of the Category 12 only because the balcony is out in the open and you have more chance for sun.

While these pics are not the best, it will give you a general idea of the size of the balcony and the sun that you can get. This last cruise, I was traveling with my 80 year old mother. She can not stay in the sun for long so I had the balcony all to myself. That's why I asked the room steward to bring me a lounge chair from the pool.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/159098574rkoNas

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/159098730CElVEb

If you will look at the picture on this link, you will get an idea of what the balcony is like in a category 12 on the Ecstasy. I choose the category 11 because I prefer more available sunshine.

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/ecstasy

Good morning

The Celebration and the NCL Sea are older ships and we enjoyed them so much that we are booking on the Ecstasy, a third time, this year. We have not been on the new ships yet.

The weather was fantastic at the end of January. It was a little cool leaving here but that's all.

Sha 308 if you go to roll calls, Carnaval, Ecstasy 12/4/04 we have a post there. I see you're a WalMart lady. I'll tell you about my experience with Walmart there. Later, j

Archived