Recommendations - almost 4 year old?

sunflower girl

I have not book the cruise yet but it will be around my DDs 4th birthday. I have cruised before but have not been involved with the kids clubs, which line would you recommend for a very tall (she is 42" - at age 3 people are asking me if she is 5-6), very active little girl. She is as happy coloring as climbing a rock wall and I know on RCI she would want to climb the wall. I have not looked into it, but I bet she is not allowed.

I have been happy with my cruise experiences, but NCL would be last on my list to try again. Disney seems extremely expensive although I hear it is nice.

Thank you!

For my daughter's 3rd birthday we took the family on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. Then for her 4th birthday I booked Disney World, only to have my 7 year old BEG me to cancel it and book Liberty of the Seas. :rolleyes:

So for my youngest's 4th birthday we will be on Liberty of the Seas...lol.

Click on the link in my siggie for the list of kid activities by cruiseline. My kids are obsessed with the Freedom class right now because of the H20 zone (water park onboard)

And if it gets me out of going to Disney again, I am all for it...lol. :D

i would recommend either rccl or ncl for the kids programs... my boys enjoyed both of them almost equally, i would say... last on their list would be princess - my husband and i enjoyed princess, but since we are happier when the kids are happier, i would only do ncl or rccl now! we have used all ages of kids clubs - great counselors on both lines!:)

I have not book the cruise yet but it will be around my DDs 4th birthday. I have cruised before but have not been involved with the kids clubs, which line would you recommend for a very tall (she is 42" - at age 3 people are asking me if she is 5-6), very active little girl. She is as happy coloring as climbing a rock wall and I know on RCI she would want to climb the wall. I have not looked into it, but I bet she is not allowed.

I have been happy with my cruise experiences, but NCL would be last on my list to try again. Disney seems extremely expensive although I hear it is nice.

Thank you!

We did Disney for our sons' first cruises..and it was over our sons 5th birthday. Absolutely Disney.

Thank you for the responses! I really appreciate it. Disney is so expensive I just cannot stomach the price. I do not mind paying more - but double RCL, NCL and Carnival just seems crazy to me. I will look at prices for RCL and newer Carnival ships. I would prefer to try something other than Carnival...have a been there done that feeling about it.

Thank you again!

Honestly a great disney/cruise is disney for a few days and then the Mariner or the Glory out of Pt. Canaveral. The four year old will get the magic of even one day at a park and then the great cruise activities for a week.

We actually priced three days in the park at Disney and a cruise with balcony on the Mariner and it was still cheaper for 10 days than the Disney four day cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick comment on the rock wall. I can only comment on the Adventure of the Seas (a Voyager class ship) since that's the only cruise we've been on til now. DH and I toured the kids area when we first got on board in 2003 and the kids' area had a little miniature rock wall. It was probably only about 5 feet tall.

I would NOT advocate the Disney cruise line AT ALL. If you want a Disney experience, go to the parks. If you want a cruise, pick another line. We went during hurricane season (September) so it was a little cheaper but even at half the price it would not be worth it to me.

We have had great Kids Club experiences on Costa, Celebrity, Royal Carib and Carnival (even the older ships/shorter cruises).

The Disney Cruise was the ONLY time Hannah begged me NOT to go to kids club or she paged me to come pick her up ASAP and every single time I did go pick her up they were just sitting on the floor watching a Disney movie!

The Disney Cruise was the ONLY time Hannah begged me NOT to go to kids club or she paged me to come pick her up ASAP and every single time I did go pick her up they were just sitting on the floor watching a Disney movie!

We had the same experience. And it hasn't been repeated since. My kids are DISNEY crazy...but they prefer WDW before the cruise and then RCCL for the cruise.

And I am ALL for "getting what you pay for"...but we REALLY didn't think that Disney was worth it. The price you pay for Disney (and this is only my opinion) is that there are only 2 Disney ships so it's all supply/demand. A small supply/large demand equals a HIGH price.

A cat 6 Verandah on Disney = a Grand Suite (with concierge service and perks) on RCCL FOS/LOS/IOS. So you get more for what you pay on RCCL than on Disney.

Archived