any luck re rooms in KW via priceline?

Cruising Aussie Mum

Over the years we have had the best luck with Expedia.com for Key West hotels. We always check Expedia first. If we aren't happy with their price or availability, we check directly with the hotels, but that often is no better than Expedia.

We have stayed at the Double Tree Hotel, Best Western Key West Ambassador, Hilton (Now the Westin), Hyatt Windward Point, Hyatt Ocean Beach Resort, the Key West Inn, and Sheraton Suites. My favorite is Hyatt Windward Point, but that has become extremely expensive and because it is a time shae that rents out unused or unsold suites, it is increasingly hard to find lodging there.

Casa Marina is newly renovated. In fact, Iam not sure the renovation is complete. We watched this take place. They stripped rooms down to the frame, even removing drywall. I would love to try this historic hotel while it is brand spanking "new". It is right on the water and has a small, pretty beach. I don't know if the sand is good quality.

I stayed at the Casa Marina in 2004 and it was a great place until Wilma. We had a suite just overlooking a small section of the beach where we could sit at night on a veranda and listen to the surf. The beach itself was the nicest beach associated with a hotel in Key West and you could swim out in the ocean from it. The beach staff would come around several times a day with complimentay popcicles, frozen washcloths, and fruit. It is a little out of the way but we walked to the Key West Bight in 20 minutes one morning for a snorkel trip. They had a large pool and a smaller, chilled one. The large one is where Southpoint Divers does the pool lesson for their "resort dive."

The general concensus is that they should have just closed while the renovations were going on because there was nothing but bad reviews for almost two years. But the latest ones have all been consistantly good. Jogging by there each morning it looks like it is going to be better than new. I'd stay there again.

Pjk

Archived