Question for women only, please!

Dengail

You can call your gyn ask for a sample pack of pills for your vacation. It works even post tubal

That's what I did. My tubes are tied and my dr. still put me on the pill for

peremenopause (sp?) reasons. I read a big article about this and so far it is working for me!! Yippeeee.

Can you hear me now, screaming from the bathroom...

"honey, bring me the tongs, please....oh, and put the baby down, I may just need your help!" :eek:

A lot of these have been funny but this one made me crack up laughing. Makes me very glad I have my Mirena and next to no flow!

I will just add...

You never know when IT will come!! I always carry a supply of the protective devices, even though I'm pretty much into the menopausal stage of life!!

I was "FLO free" for almost a year and thought I was done and was on a cruise and HELLO...I got IT!! It was not fun in the middle of the night in the middle of the ocean and the shops weren't open..!!! In the AM I went to the shops on board and paid something like $8 for 8 tampons!!

Even now, when I'm almost certain IT is over...I carry the protective devices in my bag on vacation.!!

Oh, am I glad i looked a this thread..it never dawned on me that you can't flush tampons... (First time cruiser -going this SUNDAY...yay!) I am sure I would have flushed without even thinking...

Yes - pack'em. They can be shoved (no pun intended) all around your suitcase!

You gals who are thinking about skipping your sugar pills so you don't get a period should know this: You MUST be on a pill that has an even amount of hormone in every pill, otherwise you will still get your period. If you are on any of the cycular pills (ortho-tri-cyclen, etc - usually you'll know because the pills in your pack are a different color through the month) that have different amount of hormones per pill, they don't work for skipping your period.

A few years ago I used to skip the sugar pills every once and a while for vacaions, etc, when I was on a sustained hormone pill. I switched to one of the pills that varies the hormone and my dr. didn't tell me those wouldn't work for skipping periods and needless to say I ended up with my period while we were in France and I had not been prepared.

Lessons learned:

1. you need the right type of birth control pill to skip periods

2. Always pack tampons!

I purchased some in Cozumel, Meh-hee-co last time we were there. Tampax, and the box, is funny when you try to read it in Meh-hee-can.

I didn't use most of them so I still have the box at home.

Come to think of it, I consider them a souvenir of sorts....

Is that weird???!!! :confused::D

LOL

No- I bought pads in Italy and still have some. I do like using them because they remind me of Venice. Sorry if that is gross and weird but I know what you mean!:p

Archived