Question for women only, please!

Dengail

I always skip the sugar pills and never have my visitor or the symptoms that go along with it.

The way your body responds (spotting or nothing) really depends on your body.

The only thing you can do is try it and see. I would give it at least 3 months before you really know how your body will react consistently.

I skipped the sugar pills about two months before my honeymoon to rearrange my cycle. Bled for about two weeks - body was not happy with the change! So I was glad I didn't wait until the actual month of the wedding to mess with my pills.

I have a question. I've never tried taking my pills back-to-back (skipping sugar pills). Do you still get the period symptoms, but just never get the period, or can you still get some bleeding? Then on your period the next month is it usually heavier because you skipped the prior month?

I started spotting a week early during my last period and I'm on the pill and didn't miss any days :confused: and then I still got a regular period at my normal time, so I was not happy for way over a week!! So I'm wondering if I could still get something even if I do a back-to-back.

I was taking 3 mos. at a time, and after about year or so started getting some breakthrough bleeding...like a light period for a day or two. Very annoying. I started going back to monthly periods and I can't stand it - I have PMS for about 10 days prior, then a week of bleeding - :eek: . So I'm back to trying to go for 2-3 months at a time. When I'm planning a trip, I make sure I have a period the week before I leave. Then I don't have the PMS or breakthrough. But that's just me. We are all different. And yes, I still get the PMS, but the symptoms go away when I keep taking the pills.

Mel

I was taking 3 mos. at a time, and after about year or so started getting some breakthrough bleeding...like a light period for a day or two. Very annoying. I started going back to monthly periods and I can't stand it - I have PMS for about 10 days prior, then a week of bleeding - :eek: . So I'm back to trying to go for 2-3 months at a time. When I'm planning a trip, I make sure I have a period the week before I leave. Then I don't have the PMS or breakthrough. But that's just me. We are all different. And yes, I still get the PMS, but the symptoms go away when I keep taking the pills.

Mel

When I did the depo shot I didn't have any periods, for 2 years :D

Also, for me, if I am getting 20 minutes of exercise every day I have ZERO PMS symptoms, and no actual period cramping either. Maybe exercise will help?

Every body is different tho. Maybe you can talk to your gyno about your goals and she can up the estrogen in your pills or will have another solution.

Good luck

Mel

I think the Yasmin pill is supposed to help with those symptoms. You may want to talk to your doctor about switching pills

My Granny used to make a little note... she would fold down just a small corner of a piece of paper and write on the flap 'For Women Only' and when you lifted the flap it said 'Aren't Men Curious?' ha ha ha ha ha This is WAY BETTER!!! ha ha ha ha ha How many curious men do you think have clicked on this and been treated to something they don't ever want to see or know about? ha ha ha ha ha

To the OP... Pack 'em!! They weigh next to nothing and you can throw them in a freezer bag so you don't have to worry about the bulk of a box. I've always got one in my purse - I've never been regular in my life, and now that I'm in perimenopause, my doctor took me off the pill and I just never know. Strangely, I'm more regular now than I've ever been before, but over the course of my life I've learned never to trust my body in that regard. I also am particularly fortunate that I usually don't experience any other symptoms or warning, except possibly some bloating, but I usually bloat in hot or humid climates anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a warning on a cruise. Better safe than sorry! There's nothing like that super comfy feeling of a wad of toilet paper until you can find the 'real thing'! :eek:

Um, I don't. :) Really! (but as in the fascination with a cobra, I'm sure I'll be back to see what the answer is!)

Im going to guess....

1) The tampon itself ended up being made out of plastic...

2) The string was an inch long, total

3) The actual tampon was an inch long total

4) The tampon was missing half a side (lengthwise)

5) While the box itself weighed normally, each individual tampon packaging actually held a #2 pencil....or a small carrot.....

Am I close?

How to put this delicately: when attempting to remove the item, the string pulled out but not the tampon. It required a visit to an emergency room for removal (she wasn't on a cruise but a week long land vacation). After that, she "tested" each tampon and the string came out of at least a third of the box when just tugging gently. Not pleasant.

How to put this delicately: when attempting to remove the item, the string pulled out but not the tampon. It required a visit to an emergency room for removal (she wasn't on a cruise but a week long land vacation). After that, she "tested" each tampon and the string came out of at least a third of the box when just tugging gently. Not pleasant.

:eek: A trip to the ER??? Oh yeah I would die from embarrassment.

It required a visit to an emergency room for removal .

Seariously ?? My gullible alert is going off..LOL! I dont know how far she had that inserted but I think I would of spared myself the embarrasment and got it out myself..:eek: :D

( exscuse my horrible spelling..lol)

LOL, I'll make sure to have the tongs handy, if I ever use my meh-hee-can tampons!

I have always had a bizarre fear of that happening!!! I check each and every string - hard - before using!! How unbelievably mortifying that must have been for your friend!!!

You guys have me giving a little "pre" tug on my tampon strings now!!!

Thankfully, my meh-hee-can ones seem to not be from the same lot as the other posters! Maybe I'm just a spoiled americano....I would have never thought to tug on my string before! :D

Those poor women south of the border!!!!!:(

I am worried about my Niece. She is 14, and very active, and hasn't started her period yet. We cruise in March of 08, and it is my biggest fear that she will start then!!! I will definately take the junior size tampons for her. She is on the swim team at school, so she will have to learn to use them sooner or later. Hopefully later!!1

Archived