Available transportation Anchorage to Whittier

Colo Cruiser

What other transfer option do I have the day after the train stops running for the season from Anchorage to Whitter on Sept 15th 2008 (Mon). (last day for the train is the 14th)

Arriving late Sun night the 14th. Thought about staying at the Hilton downtown.

Don't know if I want do take the Princess bus as we would have to go back to the airport to catch it. If so what is the earliest that the bus would start loading at the airport? :)

We used Alaskan Leopard Comedy transfer (weird name, but legitimate company) to get from Whittier to Anchorage airport. This was Sept. 7 or thereabouts. I'm not sure if they run later in Sept., but assume so.

I've heard there are some nice, affordable bed and breakfasts in Anchorage - that might be a nice alternative to a hotel - although I'm not sure of the names or how you'd get there.

We have booked the Magic Bus to take us from the Fairfield Inn in Anchorage to Whittier, on 9/03/08. It includes some sight-seeing spots and will stop for pictures. Seems pretty reasonable. Check their web site and send them an email for info. They are very nice to deal with.....Nightingail.

We went out on September 17, 2007 (last month) and Alaskan Leopard Comedy Tours did a superb job. They indicated we were the last cruise of the season, so I take that to mean they know the ships' schedules and run their business accordingly. Picked up on the dot of 1:30 at the Clarion Suites Anchorage. Nice clean hotel; we walked all around downtown to see the sites.

The bus stops at the wildlife refuge for walking around and picture-taking of the moose, buffalo, bears, caribou, etc. Stops again at Portage Glacier and provides a hot or cold drink and a snack. No joke, the absolute best slice of pie we've had in a long time. Again, time to walk around and take pictures.

Careful to meet the tunnel schedule with about two minutes of waiting for our side's turn, he cordially had us back in the bus, leaving the glacier and enjoying the ride some more. Pointed out the whales in the bay next to us; a moose was walking down the sidewalk in Anchorage. Delivered us around 5PM, I think. No lines to board! We walked right through the process. All in all a fabulous way to start our trip on the Coral Princess.

Archived